Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Recent Tire poll

View Poll Results: Which tires do you prefer, running, or will run next???
BF Goodrich All Terrain/ KO 50 27.32%
Goodyear Duratrac 63 34.43%
Other tires and opinions (specify) 57 31.15%
You hate me for posting "yet again" another thread like this 23 12.57%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 183. You may not vote on this poll

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-25-2013, 02:19 PM   #1
Lsutigers1 is on a distinguished road
Marines: 1/9 Walking Dead Sgt
Name: Jason
Lsutigers1's Tacoma Gallery
Talking Recent Tire poll

So I've been looking around for quite a while for new tires. Currently I have 265/70R16's and I'm looking at running 265/75/R16's on my stock suspension until I get my lift. That being said, I'm really torn between the BFG AT/KO's and The GY Duratracs. I'm looking for recent input on these two tires or any tires for that matter; I may have missed other good ones while being focused on these. I'm looking to do mostly street and trail, but I like having the ability to trec wherever I want. Again, I HAVE done research on this, but I am wanting CURRENT opinions and why. Thanks guys.
Old 06-25-2013, 02:37 PM   #2
snoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shed

snoope's Tacoma Gallery
I have NO experience in those BUT did move up to 265/75/16's..

General Grabber AT2's in LT flavor....These are 2nd owner tires and they have done everything I ask of them...wearing great and handled all of last seasons SNOW..

Good luck choosing what "fits" your driving style...

And not to ad to your misery BUT if the "TW deal" for the Generals had fell through I was 2 days away from putting Nitto Terra Grapplers on mine..
Old 06-25-2013, 02:38 PM   #3
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
KM2s
Old 06-25-2013, 02:51 PM   #4
redtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John Austin
redtacoma88's Tacoma Gallery
Nitto trail grapplers. Awesome road manners + look amazing + great offroad
Old 06-25-2013, 02:51 PM   #5
Monster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Corey
Monster Coma's Tacoma Gallery
buy your lift then buy 285s.. Youll thank me later lol
Old 06-25-2013, 03:03 PM   #6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster Coma View Post
buy your lift then buy 285s.. Youll thank me later lol
I thought about that actually, but I'm not too fluent in the wheel and backspacing language yet. I've been doing research on that too, but I'm not sure what kind of wheel to buy (backspacing) to account for the wider wheel. Also dont you need at least a three inch lift to run 285's??
Old 06-25-2013, 03:16 PM   #7
Honey badger hits whatever tree he wants to hit!!
Honey badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 99 Zulu
Name: Bon
Honey badger's Tacoma Gallery
Mickey Thompson ATZ's great tire.
Old 06-25-2013, 03:18 PM   #8
Monster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Corey
Monster Coma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lsutigers1 View Post
I thought about that actually, but I'm not too fluent in the wheel and backspacing language yet. I've been doing research on that too, but I'm not sure what kind of wheel to buy (backspacing) to account for the wider wheel. Also dont you need at least a three inch lift to run 285's??
Meh I'm on about 2" right now. Just cut and beat the shit outta some things and you'll be good lol
Old 06-25-2013, 05:23 PM   #9
Boss
TPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedTPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedTPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedTPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedTPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedTPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedTPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedTPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedTPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedTPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedTPain is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tanner
TPain's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by redtacoma88 View Post
Nitto trail grapplers. Awesome road manners + look amazing + great offroad
x2 put 285/70/17 trail graps on mine a week ago
Old 06-25-2013, 05:25 PM   #10
HIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Angel
HIYota's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
You can buy rims from Vin of SCS on the forum. He built the rims around tacomas and IMO they look great.
Old 06-25-2013, 05:28 PM   #11
beeesmitty is on a distinguished road

beeesmitty's Tacoma Gallery
Pay attention to the load range rating on the tires you are looking at.
Old 06-25-2013, 05:38 PM   #12
Swimmerboy2112 is on a distinguished road

Name: Brian
Swimmerboy2112's Tacoma Gallery
LOVED my BF Goodrich KM2's 9/10 would buy again!

Only got a 9 because on wet pavement they aren't the best due to lack of siping.
Old 06-25-2013, 05:54 PM   #13
Quote:
Originally Posted by beeesmitty View Post
Pay attention to the load range rating on the tires you are looking at.
I was curious about that. What is acceptable load range for doing some off road and street???
Old 06-25-2013, 06:49 PM   #14
Sherpa is on a distinguished road

Name: Jim
Sherpa's Tacoma Gallery
I have been running on Goodyear Silent Armor for 5 years and have 40k on them - great tires for street and light duty. Still look and ride great.

With my lift I wanted a taller tire without spacers or cutting. The BFG A/T's look great, have great offroad capability and nice road manners. I went with those in a 265/75 16. I opted for the 10 ply (E) strength since I often carry heavy loads and there was no upcharge. I took them out at hiway speeds right away. They are a little bit more stiff to ride on, but with the new suspension, it rides like a truck is supposed to.

My second choice was GY Duratracs. They were $100 more unless you used a GY card and they upcharged for the 10 ply - Sooo, my choice was easy. BFG all the way.
Old 06-25-2013, 06:50 PM   #15
F*ck you Brent
YotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jessie
YotaOverAll's Tacoma Gallery
Toyo MT/s before, Toyo MT/s now, Toyo MT/s next
Old 06-26-2013, 06:56 AM   #16
beeesmitty is on a distinguished road

beeesmitty's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I was curious about that. What is acceptable load range for doing some off road and street???

I have the 265/75/16 bfg's E rated, because they do not make that size tire in a "C". They are much heavier and nearly impossible to balance and I do not care for them. My next tires will most definitely be "C" rated.

I love BFG tires, just not this size/rating on this truck
Old 06-26-2013, 07:06 AM   #17
Boone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Boone Taco's Tacoma Gallery
285/75/16 KM2's, E rated and love 'em. No balancing issues at all. They have about 16,000 on them and still look great.
Old 06-26-2013, 07:29 AM   #18
tig1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtig1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtig1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtig1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtig1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtig1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtig1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtig1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtig1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtig1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtig1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
tig1's Tacoma Gallery
Tire Poll

Toyo Open Country ATII 245 75/16 smooth ride,haven't had them offroad yet.

later tig1
Old 06-26-2013, 07:32 AM   #19
streakmica07 is on a distinguished road

streakmica07's Tacoma Gallery
I have yokohama geolander ats and they were great. I put at least 60k on them and I am always on the beach or hunting upstate. I may go to the hankook dyna pro atm in 265/75/16 I'm also putting the 5100 all around and a 1 inch ready lift in the back good luck with your choice
Old 06-26-2013, 11:52 AM   #20
PantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Luke
PantherTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Since you're in New York my vote goes to duratracs and like said before, lift with 285's. I've run bfg at's and general at's, bfg at's are much much better but the duratracs will be better for your area than the bfg's. You can keep your stock wheels and use some spacers, works fine and saves money if you don't mind the stockers. Personally I'm getting MT/R's (pending funds) but I think the duratracs will suit you well.