1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

265's to 285's????

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by Special Sauce, Jun 30, 2013.

1. Jun 30, 2013 at 6:16 AM
    Special Sauce

Special Sauce [OP] Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    03 Xtra cab, Off road package
    Nothing yet
    I've got the stock 265's on my Tacoma, presently. I have a set of General Grabber AT2'S that are 285/75/16's. Has anyone put that size on WITHOUT lifting? I'm trying to figure out if and where it will rub, how bad, and can I do the swap without lifting?

2. Jul 6, 2013 at 6:53 PM
    wrat

wrat Well-Known Member

Member:
    Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    2004 Tacoma Xcab 4x4 TRD
    I have dug through the forums quite a bit concerning going from 265/75-16 to 285/75-16. It looks like lifting a vehicle does nothing when it comes to increasing the width of the tire. Lifting helps due to the diameter of the tire. With a 285/75-16 even on a mild lift you will still need to trim/bash the pinch weld. With stock 5 star wheels your UCA's will be VERY close to the tire so wheel spacers will be necessary.

So the short answer- a lift isn't necessary but you will need to bend/bash the pinch weld and go with spacers.

I don't like the idea of going with wheel spacers and need the clearance for tire chains which is why I'm not going to 285/75-16 even though I have OME 882's and LR UCA's.

Products Discussed in

To Top