Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Wheels and tires for my new tacoma

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-08-2013, 03:06 PM   #21
tbrackman84 is on a distinguished road
tbrackman84's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks bornwildguy, that's what I think I'll go with... Two more Q's, does offset on a wheel matter or is I just the back spacing that matters? Also, would a 8.5" wheel be ok for width, or should I stick with 8" exclusively?
Old 07-08-2013, 03:10 PM   #22
tbrackman84 is on a distinguished road
tbrackman84's Tacoma Gallery
1 more thing, what do you think of 275's as far as rubbing, etc?
Old 07-08-2013, 04:17 PM   #25
BORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
BORNWILDGUY's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbrackman84 View Post
Thanks bornwildguy, that's what I think I'll go with... Two more Q's, does offset on a wheel matter or is I just the back spacing that matters? Also, would a 8.5" wheel be ok for width, or should I stick with 8" exclusively?
8.5 isn't gonna hurt anything if you decide to go with that. Offset isn't that hard once you understand it. Basically 0 offset is the where the mounting flange is at center of the wheel. positive offset pushes the wheels inward and negative pushes the wheels outward.

http://www.worldoneperformance.com/b...-offsets-work/

This chart will help you if lookin at wheels to figure out the backspacing

http://www.customwheeloffset.com/tir...et-calculators
Old 07-08-2013, 04:30 PM   #27
I'm your huckleberry
skidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

skidooman's Tacoma Gallery
I dont like cutting, and I didnt want to rub either, so I went 265/75R16. 16x8 w/ 4.5" BS. 3" lift, which has actually gone down to about 2" with all my crap.

Here's how much they stick out.
Old 07-23-2013, 04:49 PM   #29
arodz tacoma is on a distinguished road
Name: Adrian
arodz tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
How did you like those Hercules Trail Diggers??
Old 07-23-2013, 06:43 PM   #30
Central Scrutinizer
LUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dennis
LUSETACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by arodz tacoma View Post
How did you like those Hercules Trail Diggers??
I like them a lot. Just about to do a rotation at 5k. I'm still amazed at how smooth they are on the road.
Old 07-24-2013, 09:23 AM   #31
arodz tacoma is on a distinguished road
Name: Adrian
arodz tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Good to know. As soon as the tires I have on now go out, definitely getting the trail diggers. Thanks