Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Feeler: Sandblasted TRD Sport Wheels

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-10-2013, 01:29 PM   #1
motionridr8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotionridr8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotionridr8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotionridr8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotionridr8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotionridr8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotionridr8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotionridr8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotionridr8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotionridr8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotionridr8 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Drew
motionridr8's Tacoma Gallery
Feeler: Sandblasted TRD Sport Wheels

I've got a set of 4 17" TRD Sport alloy wheels that I am considering having sandblasted. I'll be using one of the rims as a full sized spare, but can get the other 3 sandblasted as well. Would there be anyone interested in purchasing individual wheels that are ready for paint/plasti-dip/powdercoat? Probably would ask for $65 each, plus shipping.
Old 07-14-2013, 07:57 AM   #2
dboz is on a distinguished road
dboz's Tacoma Gallery
Why get them blasted? Someone might want one in factory finish. NO ONE will want one without a finish. All 4 yes, three, NO WAY.
Old 07-14-2013, 08:05 AM   #3
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:
Originally Posted by dboz View Post
Why get them blasted? Someone might want one in factory finish. NO ONE will want one without a finish. All 4 yes, three, NO WAY.
I don't know about all that. I bought a wheel with a finish and had to get strip it off myself to paint it. Getting a pre-blasted rim woulda sped up the process.
Old 07-14-2013, 08:12 AM   #4
dboz is on a distinguished road
dboz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post
I don't know about all that. I bought a wheel with a finish and had to get strip it off myself to paint it. Getting a pre-blasted rim woulda sped up the process.

Nothing like a non factory finish wheel to fix the damaged one you would be being a single wheel for. Should match the other three real good after you rattle can or take a stab at matching powder coat colors.
Old 07-14-2013, 08:16 AM   #5
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:
Originally Posted by dboz View Post
Nothing like a non factory finish wheel to fix the damaged one you would be being a single wheel for. Should match the other three real good after you rattle can or take a stab at matching powder coat colors.
I needed a 5th rim for a spare. And the rattle can matched perfectly as the rest of my rims are rattle canned black too.
Old 07-15-2013, 06:28 AM   #6
motionridr8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotionridr8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotionridr8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotionridr8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotionridr8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotionridr8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotionridr8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotionridr8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotionridr8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotionridr8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotionridr8 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Drew
motionridr8's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah the 4 extra wheels I have already need to be media blasted. 1 of the 4 will be painted by me so I'll have a set of 5 painted alloys. So since I'm going to the media blaster anyways, I was considering just blasting the other 3, figuring there may be other people on TW that are looking for a 5th wheel that they could paint/powdercoat/plastidip to match their other 4 wheels. But, if there is no market or interest in them, I'll save the time and money and try to unload them as-is.
Thanks for the feedback.