Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Method Wheels Pic Request

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-28-2013, 01:38 PM   #21
jjbsocal is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjbsocal is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjbsocal is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjbsocal is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjbsocal is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjbsocal is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjbsocal is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjbsocal is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjbsocal is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjbsocal is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjbsocal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
jjbsocal's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyTaco View Post
What size / offset/ backspace are yours? Any rubbing?
Method only makes 1 size that fits the 2nd Gen Taco in 16x8, 4.5" BS, 0 Offset.. I had Camburg spindles and UCA (+2 Camber), so absolutely no rubbing, lock to lock and I wheeled it hard..
Old 07-28-2013, 02:35 PM   #22
GreyTaco is on a distinguished road

Name: Mike
GreyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I was looking at 17x8.5, 4.75 bs , 0 offset. Tire rack says they'll fit the tacoma. Not sure if I trust that.
Old 07-28-2013, 03:06 PM   #24
GTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shed

GTABurnout's Tacoma Gallery
16" Method Double Standards wrapped in 285 MTR's

Old 07-28-2013, 08:56 PM   #25
Deanorino is on a distinguished road
Deanorino's Tacoma Gallery
Just put em on. Love the look so much. I originally wanted the TRD fake beadlocks, but in person I actually liked these more!

16x8 Double standard with machined lip. 4.5 backspacing and 256/75r16 BFG AT KO tires. No lift yet, its sitting in my garage

Only rubs on the mud flap when turning close to lock, and I know it wont once I either lift it or remove them. Made the truck look completely different!

Old 07-29-2013, 11:38 AM   #26
Desert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bill
Desert Drifter's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deanorino View Post
Just put em on. Love the look so much. I originally wanted the TRD fake beadlocks, but in person I actually liked these more!

16x8 Double standard with machined lip. 4.5 backspacing and 256/75r16 BFG AT KO tires. No lift yet, its sitting in my garage

Only rubs on the mud flap when turning close to lock, and I know it wont once I either lift it or remove them. Made the truck look completely different!

Pure sex right there! I want these as well, but looking for somebody with a bit better than MSRP price....
Old 07-29-2013, 12:46 PM   #27
Deanorino is on a distinguished road
Deanorino's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Drifter View Post
Pure sex right there! I want these as well, but looking for somebody with a bit better than MSRP price....
Try Americas tire or discount tire. Best prices I have found and they can order almost anything, just ask! I ended up going to tire rack , and got the tires from America's tire before I knew I could order through them!
Old 07-29-2013, 11:32 PM   #28
TacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bobby
TacoDeLaPlaya's Tacoma Gallery
Lookin good! Nice upgrade
Old 07-30-2013, 10:26 AM   #29
milo39 is a jewel in the roughmilo39 is a jewel in the roughmilo39 is a jewel in the rough

Name: myles
milo39's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbsocal View Post
Here's mine..

I'm actually thinking about selling these and getting the machined ones for my new Silver 2013.. Haven't seen any with that set up, so if anyone out there has a SSM with machined Methods, Id like to see that..
How much are you selling them for?
Old 07-30-2013, 10:49 AM   #30
jjbsocal is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjbsocal is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjbsocal is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjbsocal is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjbsocal is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjbsocal is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjbsocal is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjbsocal is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjbsocal is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjbsocal is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjbsocal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
jjbsocal's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by milo39 View Post
How much are you selling them for?
You know.. I'm still on the fence about the wheels.. the tires i will sell.. If you're serious, shoot me a PM and we can discuss it there, since this isn't the right forum..
Old 08-02-2013, 10:05 AM   #31

Just got these installed today. Love them so far. The Toyos ride nice and smooth.

265/70/17 Toyo Open Country AT2 on Method Double Standard Wheels 17x8.5

[IMG] Untitled by gatoslayer, on Flickr[/IMG]

Old 08-02-2013, 12:05 PM   #32
Desert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Looks good there GreyTaco. I want the Double Standard with the "machined" lip. It is same black in the center but the outer "bead lock" piece is brushed silver color. I would reall prefer it in 7 or 7.5" wide, but 8" wide will work too.
Old 08-02-2013, 12:46 PM   #33
Its the Journey, not the Destination
SierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cliff
SierraExp's Tacoma Gallery
16" Method 301s on my 2008 Tacoma (315/75/16 Toyo MTs)

Now mounted on my 2001 4Runner (255/85/16 Toyo MTs)

Tacoma is getting a fresh set of 17" Black Double Standards and 35/12.5/17 Toyos, Double Standards will be replaced with Beadlocks eventually, just not today.
Old 08-02-2013, 12:50 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by SierraExp View Post
16" Method 301s on my 2008 Tacoma (315/75/16 Toyo MTs)

Now mounted on my 2001 4Runner (255/85/16 Toyo MTs)

Tacoma is getting a fresh set of 17" Black Double Standards and 35/12.5/17 Toyos, Double Standards will be replaced with Beadlocks eventually, just not today.
Nice! Love the bolts! I was actually thinking today that blue anodized bolts would look sweet on mine. Just don't know where I could get some.
Old 08-02-2013, 01:01 PM   #35
Its the Journey, not the Destination
SierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cliff
SierraExp's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyTaco View Post
Nice! Love the bolts! I was actually thinking today that blue anodized bolts would look sweet on mine. Just don't know where I could get some.
I had mine powdercoated and they have held up pretty good. I'm debating having the entire wheel coated on the double standards but I will probably end up doing just the ring.

Old 08-02-2013, 02:19 PM   #36
I just ordered a set of the Method Double Standard, Machined wheels. They are black with the "bead lock" part in brushed aluminum finish. Just put a deposit on a set at SDHQ. This particular wheel is out of stock but Method has a few sets coming available in a couple weeks and now (with a deposit) a set is going to be mine. Going to put a set of the "Tall & Skinny" 255/85R16 BFG M/T tires on the Taco. hoping these wheels being a little lighter than most will help offset the heavy weight of these tires.... As for gearing I will run the stock 3.73 ring and pinions until I really feel the need to get the 4.56 ratios...
Old 08-02-2013, 07:07 PM   #37
GNAR Member
EVE Designs will become famous soon enoughEVE Designs will become famous soon enough

Name: Craig
EVE Designs's Tacoma Gallery
Double standards hereee

Old 08-03-2013, 10:50 PM   #38
EVE Designs: Nice truck, the wheels set it off nicely! I have Icon mid-travel as well but not the bump stops, good stuff.
Old 08-09-2013, 12:36 AM   #39
Maibatsu Monstrosity
Jaime is a glorious beacon of lightJaime is a glorious beacon of lightJaime is a glorious beacon of lightJaime is a glorious beacon of lightJaime is a glorious beacon of lightJaime is a glorious beacon of light
Name: James
Jaime's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Drifter View Post
I just ordered a set of the Method Double Standard, Machined wheels. They are black with the "bead lock" part in brushed aluminum finish. Just put a deposit on a set at SDHQ. This particular wheel is out of stock but Method has a few sets coming available in a couple weeks and now (with a deposit) a set is going to be mine. Going to put a set of the "Tall & Skinny" 255/85R16 BFG M/T tires on the Taco. hoping these wheels being a little lighter than most will help offset the heavy weight of these tires.... As for gearing I will run the stock 3.73 ring and pinions until I really feel the need to get the 4.56 ratios...
Ditching the bronze countersteers Bill?
Old 08-09-2013, 11:17 AM   #40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaime View Post
Ditching the bronze countersteers Bill?
No, but I just bought some used 255/85R16 BFG Mud Terrains so I can try out the "Tall & Skinny" fitment. My bronze Konig Countersteers with 265/75 DuraTrac tires are working fine on and off-road so I will leave them as is. Then I can experiment with the BFG Muds and Method wheels (when SDHQ gets them in about 10 more days).