LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Severe snow service all terrain tires?

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-15-2013, 07:11 PM   #1
BlindingWhiteTac. is just really niceBlindingWhiteTac. is just really niceBlindingWhiteTac. is just really niceBlindingWhiteTac. is just really niceBlindingWhiteTac. is just really nice
Name: Thomas
BlindingWhiteTac.'s Tacoma Gallery
Severe snow service all terrain tires?

I'm looking to get some new tires before winter. I'm looking for all terrains with the severe service or mountain snowflake emblem. So far all I have found are:

1) Goodyear Duratrac
2) BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A KO
3) Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armor
4) General Grabber AT2

Anything else I should consider in size 235/85-16 or 265/75-16?
Old 07-16-2013, 04:55 PM   #2
snoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shed

snoope's Tacoma Gallery
All I can speak of are the Grabber AT2's...

I have had them a year now and they are wearing like iron...PLUS they had miles on them from another TW owner...

I live in NH and they made ALL of last winters SNOW look easy....With my job I can be out during or just after a storm for sno-clean-up /removal and these were flawless..plus "played a lil in the snow"..cleaned out just fine

I do have the 265/75/16's and mine are LT's...some say they are "overkill" ratings wise for a Tacoma BUT I never worry about loading the Taco down with 3/8" stone,loam or worn cutting edges ( $$$$ ) so they work fine for me...
Old 07-16-2013, 05:00 PM   #3
senile member
Tacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Ex Navy. subs
Tacoyota's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindingWhiteTac. View Post
I'm looking to get some new tires before winter. I'm looking for all terrains with the severe service or mountain snowflake emblem. So far all I have found are:

1) Goodyear Duratrac
2) BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A KO
3) Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armor
4) General Grabber AT2

Anything else I should consider in size 235/85-16 or 265/75-16?
add Les Schwab wintercats and XTX. I had XTX 9 years ago or so, real good on the snowy roads, slightly looses on dry roads.
Old 07-16-2013, 05:10 PM   #4
Gearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Gearheadesw's Tacoma Gallery
Silent Armors work great in sand....
Old 07-16-2013, 05:11 PM   #5
evanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: evan
evanmb31's Tacoma Gallery
Duratracs are awesome in deep snow for a AT