Old 07-19-2013, 06:57 PM   #1
AKTacoParty is on a distinguished road

Coast Guard:
Name: Jake
AKTacoParty's Tacoma Gallery
Method wheels

Okay Im looking at some method racing wheels. This one
http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/Wheel...All&sort=Brand
It says a back spacing of 4.72" and 0 offset. Will this fit? Just so I understand it better this will stick out further than say a 5" backspacing? I will be running 265/70's but I want to upgrade later to 285/75's will it work for both tires or am I going to rub? Also anyone with these rims know how big the wholes are for the lug nuts? Will the standard acorn style work or do I need the thinner splined ones? Thanks
Old 07-20-2013, 01:35 AM   #2

Coast Guard:
Old 07-20-2013, 10:07 AM   #3
Total Automotive Performance
TacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bobby
TacoDeLaPlaya's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKTacoParty View Post
I have stock wheels.

However i have been researching a lot and anything 5.5 bs or less should work. The zero offset/4.72 bs would be fine and sick out an inch and a half or so farther than stock. I am interested in these wheels in a 16.
Old 07-20-2013, 10:12 AM   #4
tostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
tostidos's Tacoma Gallery
I had 4.75" BS 0 OS KMCs and they did not clear the calipers.
Old 07-20-2013, 10:14 AM   #5
tostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I also have methods, the standard acorn style works.

but if you run this wheel with a spacer you will more than likely have to trim.
Old 07-20-2013, 10:20 AM   #6
Total Automotive Performance
TacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bobby
TacoDeLaPlaya's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tostidos View Post
16s or 17s?

What part of the caliper was to close? The spokes of the wheel rubbed or the inside of the wheel rubbed?
Old 07-20-2013, 10:22 AM   #7

17's and the spokes rubbed. on the outside of the caliper. Would not mount flush.
Old 07-20-2013, 12:53 PM   #8

Coast Guard:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tostidos View Post
Well I guess its back to the drawing board. Any idea how much it might cost to have rim made to my spec?
Old 07-20-2013, 01:00 PM   #9

Shouldn't cost any extra. I got my methods made to spec. Just call a method dealer and they will contact method and have them cut to spec for you. I have 4.5BS -12 OS 6 on 5.5 that I had cut direct from method.

Products Discussed in this Thread