1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Tpms problem

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by GIJO, Jul 21, 2013.

1. Jul 21, 2013 at 5:42 PM
    GIJO

GIJO [OP] Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    4wd trd off road
    I just recently bought a set of bfg all terrains and they require a higher psi than my stock tires the place that put my tires on set the pressure so that the tpms light wouldn't be on but now it looks like my tires are going flat I've researched if you could set the higher and apparently you can but nobody will tell me. Tpms made easy says I have to buy a manual to learn how does anyone know of a way to set the tpms setting higher my bfgs call for 40psi and the tpms light comes on any higher than 32 psi

2. Jul 21, 2013 at 6:03 PM
    Rich91710

Rich91710 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    08 Base
    Satoshi with FJ badge, factory cruise, factory intermittent wipers, Redline Tuning hood-lift struts, Hellwig Swaybar, Rosen DVD-Nav
    Air up all tires to about 5psi below where you intend to run them.
    Follow the instructions in the owner's manual to use the reset button under the steering wheel to set the ECU to the new pressure.
    Increase the pressure to where you intend to run.

You will now not get a light until there is a 10psi difference between two tires, or when one tire drops below your set point.

Products Discussed in

To Top