Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Do I have to sand my wheels?

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-21-2013, 09:41 PM   #1
DMBFan37 is on a distinguished road
DMBFan37's Tacoma Gallery
Do I have to sand my wheels?

I am painting my stock alloy wheels black and have done a lot of research. But I've heard from some that they didn't sand and the job turned out okay... Anyone here not sanded, just used acetone, primer, and paint? I have denatured alcohol too....
Thanks
Old 07-21-2013, 09:44 PM   #2
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brock
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
I'd make sure to use a self etching primer
Old 07-21-2013, 09:48 PM   #3
Fortified with horsepower-adding goodness...
WHPLSH3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWHPLSH3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWHPLSH3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWHPLSH3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWHPLSH3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWHPLSH3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWHPLSH3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWHPLSH3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWHPLSH3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWHPLSH3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWHPLSH3 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Vance
WHPLSH3's Tacoma Gallery
You will never achieve 100% durability without prepping them
Old 07-21-2013, 09:57 PM   #4
DMBFan37 is on a distinguished road
DMBFan37's Tacoma Gallery
I bought all of the stuff to do this. I guess i will start sanding. Anyone used denatured alcohol after sanding as an alternative to acetone? Thanks
Old 07-21-2013, 09:59 PM   #5
revised
TrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: HM2
TrdSurgie's Tacoma Gallery
sanding, washing, self etching primer, paint, clear coat.