1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Opinions about Town Fair Tire chain?

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by kingston73, Aug 1, 2013.

1. Aug 1, 2013 at 11:37 AM
    kingston73

kingston73 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    North eastern Ohio
    Vehicle:
    09 SR5 4.0L 4x4
    I'm not sure how far they go but the cheapest place I've found for tire prices is town fair tire. Just curious how many have used them and what you think of them?

2. Aug 1, 2013 at 12:58 PM
    jester156

jester156 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Cumberland, RI
    Vehicle:
    2021 GMC Sierra AT4. 3.0l Duramax
    Hey neighbor.

I am also contenplating using them in the future. I haven't heard bad things and they offer some nice services for tires. I did read somewhere that the place in Woonsocket was not the best but I am not letting that be a knock against the chain, just that location.

3. Aug 1, 2013 at 1:06 PM
    Pugga

Pugga Pasti-Dip Free 1983 - 2015... It was a good run

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '19 Ford F-250 6.7 SCrew
    F-250 Land Yacht Mod
    The best thing about Townfair Tire is their price matching. If you spend some time searching the internet, you can find some 'down and dirty' pricing and they'll match it, no questions asked. I use them for tires and tires only. They do alignments but don't do them well and if you are unfortunate enough (or dumb enough) to have not done your research and found a comparison price on a set of tires, they're sticker prices are some of the highest I've ever seen. For example, both times I've had tires put on there, their list price was right at $200/tire and the pricing I found online made them come down to around $150/tire. I did have a set of Coopers take a crap on me and they contacted Cooper to help me get them warrantied through the manufacturer.

In short, I like them and have used them for 2 sets of tires for my truck and 2 sets of tires for my wife's car. They've treated me well so far and would use them again. Do some searching on the specific branch you're going to, not all are created equal. I've been to the one on Rt 1 in Norwood and the one in Bellingham (I think on Rt 126?) and they've both been good.

4. Aug 1, 2013 at 1:18 PM
    DanHampton

DanHampton Member

Member:
    Montauk
    Vehicle:
    02 Tacoma 4x4 X-Cab
    Leveled Suspension (5100's/5125's) Deckplate
    I didn't have a bead experience with them, but kinda felt like at any time I was going to get screwed. Last two sets I've gotten from discount tire direct and have had tore warehouse install. Everything has gone fine.

5. Aug 1, 2013 at 1:58 PM
    Agent Smith

Agent Smith Always outnumbered, never outgunned

Member:
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD Offroad Ivan Stewart Edition
    Toytec lift,FJ Anthracite wheels wrapped in BFG A/T 265/75/16's,WAAG Brush Guard, IPF 868's,sleeved fog lights
    My buddy owns an independent garage, and anytime I get tires I go and see him. He, in turn, calls Town Fair tire and they wholesale the tires to him. I get his price, and I go and Town Fair puts them on.

I will say they are pretty careful about mag wheels and listen to what you ask. I specified no air tools on my install and that I wanted all balancing on the inside rim. They handled that no prob.

This year I even went to them to have my winter set swapped with my summer set. They didn't even look up my name or question it at all, they did the swap for free.

6. Aug 2, 2013 at 4:40 AM
    jester156

jester156 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Cumberland, RI
    Vehicle:
    2021 GMC Sierra AT4. 3.0l Duramax
    so you're saying you can match the actual tire price and they will honor it? I questioned this because of all the other "free" optoins you get with purchasing tires through them. this is good to know because they are a but pricier for the tires than anywhere else. time to do my homework.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2013
  7. Aug 6, 2013 at 1:56 PM
    ziggynagy

ziggynagy All Glory To The Hypnotoad

Member:
    Stoughton, MA
    Vehicle:
    '11 Sport AC 4x4 V6 Auto Tow
    Westin step bars, led dome & map lights, tailgate hoseclamp, BluLogic, MetalMiller emblem, 35 tinted front windows, extra OEM d-rings, WeatherTech front/rear
    I went to the Town Fair Tire in Brockton (West Gate Mall) to mount tires on my 5 FJ wheels. No scratches and they didn't try to upsell me on any other stuff so I was happy. As Pugga said, their price match is pretty good to.

8. Aug 6, 2013 at 2:00 PM
    Pugga

Pugga Pasti-Dip Free 1983 - 2015... It was a good run

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '19 Ford F-250 6.7 SCrew
    F-250 Land Yacht Mod
    They will price match service for service. Meaning if you find tires online, they'll match the price it'd cost you to buy and ship the tires to you to their tire price. If you have an installed price from another local place like Sears, they'll match that installed price.

Products Discussed in

To Top