need help deciding on new tires.

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-12-2013, 08:34 AM   #1
jpop8807 is on a distinguished road
Army: Bradley Crew, 1st Cav
Name: Josh
jpop8807's Tacoma Gallery
need help deciding on new tires.

My falken Rocky mtn at/s are near bald. I would say 80 percent of my driving is on road the other 20 percent is on trails. I don't mud really. There's no soft sand here. and I was hoping to avoid a really aggressive tread until I got my lift. Should I even go with a all terrain? Or should I get something like the tires I have on here? Maybe something a tad bit more aggressive like the rugged trails, the Rocky mtns were kinda weak in the areas I did of road. Open to any suggestions.
Old 08-12-2013, 08:39 AM   #2
DJB1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDJB1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDJB1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDJB1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDJB1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDJB1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDJB1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDJB1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDJB1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDJB1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDJB1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
DJB1's Tacoma Gallery
I just got new Firestone Destination A/T tires on my truck. They look gnarly enough for me and they're quieter than the wimpy-looking goodyear trackers that were on my truck when I bought it. They are also the highest-rated all-terrain tire on Tire Rack's survey:

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/survey....jsp?type=ORAT
Old 08-31-2013, 07:33 AM   #3
jeffjcalweb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffjcalweb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffjcalweb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffjcalweb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffjcalweb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffjcalweb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffjcalweb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffjcalweb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffjcalweb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffjcalweb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffjcalweb is one of the sharper tools in the shed
jeffjcalweb's Tacoma Gallery
@DJB1 i'm looking at the same tire you bought, also from tirerack.com

i currently have the dunlop OE tires which are crap. how do you like your firestones? also what size did you get? would you buy them again?
Old 08-31-2013, 07:49 AM   #4
The more people I meet, the more I like my dogs.
LukeBo4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLukeBo4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLukeBo4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLukeBo4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLukeBo4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLukeBo4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLukeBo4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLukeBo4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLukeBo4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLukeBo4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLukeBo4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: luke
LukeBo4x4's Tacoma Gallery
I had the firestones before i got duratacs, there good tires all around. Very good road manners but not to great in mud they pack up very easy.
Old 11-07-2013, 08:09 AM   #5
oldswab is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldswab is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldswab is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldswab is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldswab is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldswab is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldswab is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldswab is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldswab is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldswab is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldswab is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: ex-Navy, ex-ARNG, Yokosuka, Sandog, and Louisiana
Name: Jonathan
oldswab's Tacoma Gallery
I got the Goodyear Wrangler Adventure's a couple of weeks ago.

Couldn't be happier with their wet/dry pavement and gravel grip, and they are very quiet on the highway. They are replacing the discontinued Silent Armor series in the Goodyear Wrangler line-up.

I took some pics and wrote some more about them in this thread, if you're interested:

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...adventure.html