Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

level 8's or V-TEC Raptors?

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-19-2013, 03:03 PM   #1
Nfurtado77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNfurtado77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNfurtado77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNfurtado77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNfurtado77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNfurtado77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNfurtado77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNfurtado77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNfurtado77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNfurtado77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNfurtado77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Nfurtado77's Tacoma Gallery
level 8's or V-TEC Raptors?

I'm trying to decide on level 8 guardians or Vtec raptors any pics would help. i am just concerned that would look funny with the 265/75/16 duratracs I am going to mount them on because they are a 8.5' wide tire and I don't want them to look stretched or a bit rounded.

Vtec Raptors

Level 8 Guardians
Old 08-19-2013, 03:06 PM   #2
I'd rather be skiing...
teneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
teneighty's Tacoma Gallery
Both cool... I'm no help

GL!
Old 08-19-2013, 04:01 PM   #3
Dental Floss Tycoon
Bagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Bagman's Tacoma Gallery
Level 8's. Wish I saw them before I bought my Raceline Raptors.
Old 08-19-2013, 04:16 PM   #4
Nfurtado77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNfurtado77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNfurtado77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNfurtado77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNfurtado77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNfurtado77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNfurtado77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNfurtado77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNfurtado77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNfurtado77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNfurtado77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Yea in leaning towards the level 8s I'm just worried about the 8.5 width.
Old 08-20-2013, 07:02 AM   #5
Dental Floss Tycoon
Bagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Bagman's Tacoma Gallery
What size tires are you running? My wheels are 8" wide and I'm running 265/70's. If I recall, and I could be wrong, they told me I could run up to and 8 1/2". Send a pm to the Discount Tire online guy. He can tell you. Good luck.
Old 08-20-2013, 07:08 AM   #6
05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Luis
05Aztacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Set up a poll.

I vote for level 8s.
Old 08-20-2013, 09:57 AM   #7
Glen1978 is on a distinguished road
Glen1978's Tacoma Gallery
Raptors!
Old 08-20-2013, 11:41 AM   #8
I'd rather be skiing...
teneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
teneighty's Tacoma Gallery
I just hate those stupid center caps on the guardians... They would be on my list if it wasn't for those.
Old 08-20-2013, 12:22 PM   #9
Guardians look alot better without them I'm also looking at the procomp 7032. I was more concerned with the look of the 8.5 width I know they will fit.
Old 08-21-2013, 07:14 AM   #10
Dental Floss Tycoon

Bagman's Tacoma Gallery
There's a thread here somewhere that provides the part number for a center cap for the level 8's that isn't as tall as the stock one. I believe the poster said the Discount Tire guy switched them out for him at no cost...just a thought.
Old 08-21-2013, 07:20 AM   #11
Maineiack is on a distinguished road

Maineiack's Tacoma Gallery
Guardians!