Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Is e rated to heavy?

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-20-2013, 05:12 PM   #1
Jaredk is on a distinguished road
Jaredk's Tacoma Gallery
Is e rated to heavy?

Just ordered my 285/75/16 e rated for my dcsb to go with my ome lift and kmc enduros. Are these going to be to stiff-heavy for my rig? Thx in advance for any comments
Old 08-20-2013, 05:15 PM   #2
'Stralia! Riding Roo's and wrangling koalas
Redfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Conner
Redfox1's Tacoma Gallery
Ya a little bit. I have e rated tired on my dclb and I don't mind the stiffer ride. But if you ever need to air down they can be a pain. That being said I've never had a flat
Old 08-20-2013, 05:25 PM   #4
Gregman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Gregman's Tacoma Gallery
Depends on where you are going. I sure wished I had E tires a few weeks ago when I got a nice inch long cut in my 6 ply tire from a sharp rock on a freshly graded woods road.
Old 08-20-2013, 05:36 PM   #6
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Don't run them at the psi listed on the sidewall. Use the Chalk method to determine proper psi, and the ride should be fine.