Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

4-Runner Rims and tires

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-26-2013, 04:59 PM   #1
Now my Taco is bloody Red, ewww
"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed

"OldManTan"'s Tacoma Gallery
4-Runner Rims and tires

The rims are in decent shape, a little salt corrosion. The tires might have one summer left on them. He is including the lug nuts and TPMS sensors (although I probably wouldn't even program them to my truck). They are from an 07, so who knows how long the batteries will last. I would need to buy 1/2" spacers for the fronts in order to make them work. And he seems like a pretty decent guy. So my question is, what would you guys, and gals, pay for this set?

Old 08-27-2013, 07:24 PM   #4
"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake~ View Post
FWIW, I paid $300 for 5 FJ alloy wheels and tires
Thanks. What kind of shape were they in? Tire tread left?
Old 08-28-2013, 07:56 AM   #5
dan33900 is on a distinguished road

Name: Dan
dan33900's Tacoma Gallery
I paid $250 for the same rims and lug nuts and no tires. I didn't need spacers.
Old 08-28-2013, 01:38 PM   #6

They were hitting my front calipers when I test fit. Not bad but they were. I read somewhere on here that a guy said spacers were needed.
Old 08-29-2013, 07:43 AM   #8
Big Member
Snake~ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnake~ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnake~ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnake~ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnake~ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnake~ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnake~ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnake~ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnake~ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnake~ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnake~ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
Snake~'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by "OldManTan" View Post
Thanks. What kind of shape were they in? Tire tread left?
One of the wheels was gouged up but the others just had minor scratches. Two of the tires probably had about 10K miles left, the other two about 5K.
Old 08-29-2013, 11:35 AM   #9
Yamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yamaha Dave's Tacoma Gallery
I honestly wouldn't pay more than $200-$225 for that set.

If you think about it, the tires are pretty much gone, and the rims are average condition. Whether or not the guy is "nice" is irrelevant he's trying to sell his rims and get your cash, of course he's gonna be a nice guy. If the rims were mint, I'd say closer to $250-$300 range.
Old 08-29-2013, 01:49 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamaha Dave View Post
I honestly wouldn't pay more than $200-$225 for that set.

If you think about it, the tires are pretty much gone, and the rims are average condition. Whether or not the guy is "nice" is irrelevant he's trying to sell his rims and get your cash, of course he's gonna be a nice guy. If the rims were mint, I'd say closer to $250-$300 range.
I was thinking $250 max. Him being nice was just an observation. I like dealing with people that are that way. And surprisingly some people are a-holes even when they are trying for the money in your back pocket.
Old 09-09-2013, 05:28 PM   #11

So he dropped the price, so I'm thinking $225 might be on the horizon. So how do you feel about running 5/16" spacers on all four wheels. I have done a little research on spacers and not to convinced that a small spacer is a bad thing. Any input appreciated. Thanks.