LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Asked for BFG AT 265/70R17 load C, got load E. What to do?

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-29-2013, 01:39 PM   #1
thegrandpoohbah is on a distinguished road

thegrandpoohbah's Tacoma Gallery
Asked for BFG AT 265/70R17 load C, got load E. What to do?

Just picked up the truck, got home and realized they put load E tires on there instead of the load C I ordered. I do not wheel a lot and even then only light stuff but I do tow. I was concerned with the extra weight hurting my mileage but they are only 8 pounds extra each. Do you suggest I just keep them or go back to the shop and have them correct this mistake?
Old 08-29-2013, 01:40 PM   #2
Questions... Morphology? Longevity? Incept dates?
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
I would inquire about swapping them before too long
Old 08-29-2013, 01:51 PM   #4
TRDZR2 is on a distinguished road
TRDZR2's Tacoma Gallery
E tires are overkill. I have the D in this tire and also stock P for winter and the difference is insane. Even if you dont wheel alot C is more than adequate. I wish they made my size in C. D also costs $25 more depending on where you buy. I would make them switch. Ride will suck for non off road and it will feel less nimble in traffic necessitating a heavier foot out of the hole and thus bad mpg.

E is great for the hard core off road people but damn they ride like steel train wheels and weigh a ton. Take it from someone with these in D and stock P BFG for winter. Make the idiots change them.

I take it the Nissan in that pic is long gone. Good choice for the long run.

My 2 cents.
Old 08-30-2013, 07:52 AM   #5
TacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bobby
TacoDeLaPlaya's Tacoma Gallery
If you paid for c sell the e's for s profit and buy another set
Old 08-30-2013, 08:01 AM   #6
TACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kelly
TACO TX's Tacoma Gallery
Just go back and tell them they sold you the wrong shit and want what you asked for. E rated tires are for freaking 1 tons and hard core off roaders that never see street use. You will beat the suspension all to hell.
Old 08-30-2013, 08:08 AM   #7
Pirate
m3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Captain Jack Sparrow
m3bassman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TACO TX View Post
Just go back and tell them they sold you the wrong shit and want what you asked for. E rated tires are for freaking 1 tons and hard core off roaders that never see street use. You will beat the suspension all to hell.
You've never ran E-Rated tires on your rig have you?
Old 08-30-2013, 08:39 AM   #8
TACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kelly
TACO TX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3bassman View Post
Yep once, and never do it again, made my truck feel like it was a stage coach. Made the inside start rattling so i got them off fast as possible. C rated is more than enough to haul anything our truck are capable of.
Old 08-30-2013, 08:41 AM   #9
Running For Mayor of TW
richardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Richard
richardbui23's Tacoma Gallery
Old 08-30-2013, 08:46 AM   #10
JDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3bassman View Post
I have, they sucked.
Old 08-30-2013, 09:34 AM   #11
Pirate
m3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Captain Jack Sparrow
m3bassman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TACO TX View Post
Yep once, and never do it again, made my truck feel like it was a stage coach. Made the inside start rattling so i got them off fast as possible. C rated is more than enough to haul anything our truck are capable of.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmcq View Post
I have, they sucked.
Interesting. I never noticed it going from C to E's. Rides great w/ 40 pounds in the tires.
Old 08-30-2013, 09:57 AM   #12
2012tacolover will become famous soon enough2012tacolover will become famous soon enough

Name: Norm
2012tacolover's Tacoma Gallery
I just got a set up BFG AT Ko's 275/70/17E put on my truck on Tuesday, (after hours and hours of reading about them and the Goodyears on here) have put several miles on them so far and today taking a nice long road trip. So far I love the ride, truck feels great and I like the ride better. I have a shell on the back and going over speed bumps, it does not have that annoying bounce anymore. Going to take it on some long dirt trails this weekend and see how they perform. That's my .02c for what it's worth!
Old 08-30-2013, 10:01 AM   #13
Running For Mayor of TW
richardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012tacolover View Post
I just got a set up BFG AT Ko's 275/70/17E put on my truck on Tuesday, (after hours and hours of reading about them and the Goodyears on here) have put several miles on them so far and today taking a nice long road trip. So far I love the ride, truck feels great and I like the ride better. I have a shell on the back and going over speed bumps, it does not have that annoying bounce anymore. Going to take it on some long dirt trails this weekend and see how they perform. That's my .02c for what it's worth!
bounce?
Old 08-30-2013, 10:07 AM   #14
The forgetful dumbass
Gaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matthew
Gaunt596's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by richardbui23 View Post
bounce?
yes, most of our trucks do it. what he means is the rear end bounces around anytime you hit a bump. it caused by a light ass end of these truck. there various ways of solving it, but it all really comes down to adding some extra weight back there.

Old 08-30-2013, 10:29 AM   #15
2012tacolover will become famous soon enough2012tacolover will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardbui23 View Post
bounce?
The ass end always felt kind of lite and going over a speed bump, so it felt like the rear hopped coming off of them (15/20 MPH) that is gone now, the shell helped it a bit, and now its smooth no bounce feeling at all.
Old 08-30-2013, 10:32 AM   #16
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
E rated tires have a stiffer sidewall than C rated tires too , that will account for some of the reduction in the bounce

If I could get the tires I have in the size I have in a C rated , I would have
Old 08-30-2013, 11:14 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
E rated tires have a stiffer sidewall than C rated tires too , that will account for some of the reduction in the bounce

If I could get the tires I have in the size I have in a C rated , I would have
I think I would have gone C myself on a 265/70/17, but they guy told me the 275's only come in E and I wanted a little bigger tire than stock. How well are they holding up for you?
Old 08-30-2013, 11:24 AM   #18

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012tacolover View Post
I think I would have gone C myself on a 265/70/17, but they guy told me the 275's only come in E and I wanted a little bigger tire than stock. How well are they holding up for you?
The 275 Hankooks have been great
Old 08-30-2013, 11:26 AM   #19
Running For Mayor of TW

ohhhhhh
Old 08-30-2013, 11:29 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
The 275 Hankooks have been great
Cool!