Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Need opinion on which Pro Comp rims to buy

View Poll Results: Which Rims Shall I Buy??
Pro Comp 7069 Alloy Wheels 44 62.86%
Pro Comp 98 Rock Crawlers 0 0%
Pro Comp 52 Rock Crawlers 16 22.86%
Leave Em Stock 5 7.14%
Other - Please Specify/Give Picture Examples 5 7.14%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-30-2013, 12:40 AM   #21
Washington State University
SeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Mark
SeattleCoug's Tacoma Gallery
Yep, PITA
Old 08-30-2013, 12:41 AM   #22
'Stralia! Riding Roo's and wrangling koalas
Redfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Conner
Redfox1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleCoug View Post
Hm, yeah that's what I was gonna start researching, you lose that much power with 33s huh?

Replace two center caps? I feel like it would look pretty good without center caps as well..?

I'm also curious as to what the center caps alone will set me back if I do so happen to go with the 7069s?

And lastly... how the heck do they melt?
Ya, the center caps come as a cylinder with the little end cap attached. Sorry it's a little hard to describe. I already had all my center caps on so I was too lazy to take all the tires off and take them out. But it might look good without them. The thing that get lost are the very end pieces that snap in. The pieces that have paint come off them are the center cap cylinder, as they are just painted black.

The part that I said melts is the little procomp logo part, it has a clear softer plastic in front of it and one of my rims had that piece kind of deform and get cloudy. Not sure what happened but it looks like crap.

The center caps are the only thing that I've had go wrong with my rims so I mean I'm sure you would be fine if you just left them off. I have the 7089's by the way.
Old 08-30-2013, 12:43 AM   #23
curmudgeon
Pliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: they call me Bruce
Pliny's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yep, PITA
Pretty much lol
Old 08-30-2013, 12:53 AM   #24
SeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redfox1 View Post
Ya, the center caps come as a cylinder with the little end cap attached. Sorry it's a little hard to describe. I already had all my center caps on so I was too lazy to take all the tires off and take them out. But it might look good without them. The thing that get lost are the very end pieces that snap in. The pieces that have paint come off them are the center cap cylinder, as they are just painted black.

The part that I said melts is the little procomp logo part, it has a clear softer plastic in front of it and one of my rims had that piece kind of deform and get cloudy. Not sure what happened but it looks like crap.

The center caps are the only thing that I've had go wrong with my rims so I mean I'm sure you would be fine if you just left them off. I have the 7089's by the way.
I can kinda see what you're talking about in the original post picture. The smaller circle inside of the center cap that has "Xtreme...blah blah blah" on it right?

Isn't that something you can repaint or rattle can bed line it once it starts looking like crap?
Old 08-30-2013, 10:15 AM   #25
Hey Now!
w00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
w00dy's Tacoma Gallery
Im definitely a fan of the 7069's. But they were my second choice. I originally wanted the Pro Comp 5001's

But the lowest bs I could find was 4.5 and I wanted 4" bs. So I went with the 7069's

As far as the center caps, I have had no issue so far. But I have heard of other with that issue. A friend of mine called ProComp and they sent him 4 brand new center caps after he had an issue with 1 of them. Since then, he haas has no issues.

With my stock 4.10 gearing, I really didn't feel much of a power loss when I went to 285's.
Old 08-30-2013, 10:50 AM   #27

Marines:
Quote:
Originally Posted by w00dy View Post
Im definitely a fan of the 7069's. But they were my second choice. I originally wanted the Pro Comp 5001's

But the lowest bs I could find was 4.5 and I wanted 4" bs. So I went with the 7069's

As far as the center caps, I have had no issue so far. But I have heard of other with that issue. A friend of mine called ProComp and they sent him 4 brand new center caps after he had an issue with 1 of them. Since then, he haas has no issues.

With my stock 4.10 gearing, I really didn't feel much of a power loss when I went to 285's.
Yeah those are pretty sweet wheels as well, I just like the bullet hole look to these rims. Pro Comp sending your friend new center caps is good to know in case mine fizzle out
Old 08-30-2013, 11:32 AM   #28

Marines:
Quote:
Originally Posted by taco47001 View Post
F5's..
What color did you paint those? Look good on your lunar mist rig
Old 08-31-2013, 06:21 AM   #29
Newborn
taco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Peace Officer currently, US Army "Retired" as well
taco47001's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
What color did you paint those? Look good on your lunar mist rig
They are matte gunmetal and they come that color. Vin over at SCS has a few diff colors. I didn't see that you were asking for "Pro Comp" suggestions only....sorry.

And thanks, I like them.
Old 08-31-2013, 10:20 AM   #30

Marines:
Quote:
Originally Posted by taco47001 View Post
They are matte gunmetal and they come that color. Vin over at SCS has a few diff colors. I didn't see that you were asking for "Pro Comp" suggestions only....sorry.

And thanks, I like them.
Oh I wasn't asking for Pro Comp suggestions, it was general suggestions that I'm taking. Leaning more toward the 7069s though
Old 08-31-2013, 10:31 AM   #31
The more people I meet, the more I like my dogs.
LukeBo4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLukeBo4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLukeBo4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLukeBo4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLukeBo4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLukeBo4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLukeBo4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLukeBo4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLukeBo4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLukeBo4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLukeBo4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: luke
LukeBo4x4's Tacoma Gallery
I love my 7069s
Old 08-31-2013, 10:44 AM   #32

Marines:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeBo4x4 View Post
I love my 7069s
Those do look good.
What's your size, backspacing & offset for those?
Old 08-31-2013, 11:32 AM   #33
LukeBo4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLukeBo4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLukeBo4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLukeBo4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLukeBo4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLukeBo4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLukeBo4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLukeBo4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLukeBo4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLukeBo4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLukeBo4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Those do look good.
What's your size, backspacing & offset for those?
16x8, 4 inch backspacing, -12mm offset.
Old 09-05-2013, 08:36 PM   #34
'Stralia! Riding Roo's and wrangling koalas
Redfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Conner
Redfox1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I can kinda see what you're talking about in the original post picture. The smaller circle inside of the center cap that has "Xtreme...blah blah blah" on it right?

Isn't that something you can repaint or rattle can bed line it once it starts looking like crap?
yup thats the one. ya probably, just kinda sucks. But if you dont mind that then go for it
Old 09-11-2013, 10:10 PM   #35

Marines:
Decided on 7069s
Thank you for your votes/input!
Old 09-17-2013, 10:13 PM   #36

Marines:
Fronts:

Rears:

Full Frontal :

Driveway Shot:

Thank you to all who voted & gave their opinions!
Old 09-19-2013, 10:16 AM   #37
Slizzy will become famous soon enough

Slizzy's Tacoma Gallery
Damn ur truck looks nice .... Good job dude!
Old 09-19-2013, 10:23 AM   #38

Marines:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slizzy View Post
Damn ur truck looks nice .... Good job dude!
Thanks man!
Old 09-21-2013, 10:06 PM   #39

Quote:
Fronts:

Rears:

Full Frontal :

Driveway Shot:

Thank you to all who voted & gave their opinions!
Good choice my brotha.
Old 09-21-2013, 10:11 PM   #40

Marines:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeBo4x4 View Post
Good choice my brotha.
Thanks 100x better than the stock rims & BFGs I had on before