Notices

Need tires

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-03-2013, 03:39 PM   #1
was209 is on a distinguished road
Law Enforcement: Army retired
was209's Tacoma Gallery
Need tires

OEM tires are worn out. I am looking for a tire with decent snow traction and is quiet on the highway. Considering Good Year Silent Armor. Any experiences?
Old 09-03-2013, 03:47 PM   #2
Independant Thinker
Lumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Lumpskie's Tacoma Gallery
^I haven't used the Silent Armor, but I'm happy with my duratracs. They hum on the highway, but traction seems to be very good on pavement. Offroad they are pretty good too.
Old 09-03-2013, 03:57 PM   #3
tacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud of

tacomalimited's Tacoma Gallery
I had the silent armour on my last truck, they were good until I got about 12,000 miles on them, then they started slipping and the traction sucked. I was thinking about getting these next...http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....eMake=Michelin
Old 09-03-2013, 09:40 PM   #4
marintacoma is on a distinguished road

marintacoma's Tacoma Gallery
The Michelin ltx at2 are a good tire. Great warranty too and last long. Good grip onroad and off
Old 09-04-2013, 04:45 PM   #5
TheCookieMonster has much to be proud ofTheCookieMonster has much to be proud ofTheCookieMonster has much to be proud ofTheCookieMonster has much to be proud ofTheCookieMonster has much to be proud ofTheCookieMonster has much to be proud ofTheCookieMonster has much to be proud ofTheCookieMonster has much to be proud ofTheCookieMonster has much to be proud of
TheCookieMonster's Tacoma Gallery
Old 09-04-2013, 04:46 PM   #6
TheCookieMonster has much to be proud ofTheCookieMonster has much to be proud ofTheCookieMonster has much to be proud ofTheCookieMonster has much to be proud ofTheCookieMonster has much to be proud ofTheCookieMonster has much to be proud ofTheCookieMonster has much to be proud ofTheCookieMonster has much to be proud ofTheCookieMonster has much to be proud of
TheCookieMonster's Tacoma Gallery
The best of the best Michelin LTX AT2 best all around AT tire on the market
Old 09-12-2013, 09:05 AM   #7
I've just had an apostrophe.
Noelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Noel
Noelie84's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by was209 View Post
OEM tires are worn out. I am looking for a tire with decent snow traction and is quiet on the highway. Considering Good Year Silent Armor. Any experiences?
Don't go Silent Armor; Goodyear is discontinuing them. They're being replaced by the Wrangler AT Adventure.
You might be able to find a "good deal" on a set because of that, but bear in mind that if you get an unrepairable flat in six months you'll probably be SOL on replacing it with a matching tire.
Old 09-12-2013, 03:22 PM   #8
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
Hankook Dynapro ATM

Quiet on the highway, excellent in sand, mud, snow, inexpensive... just not a long life (31,000 miles when I replaced them) they were P rated not LT.

I have not tried the new guys in the snow or mud... but they were inexpensive and quiet on the highway... from PepBoys/ Cooper: Destiny Dakota ATs: