Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Need help on a budget tire.

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-03-2013, 11:34 PM   #1
Nixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Nixinus's Tacoma Gallery
Need help on a budget tire.

I've toyed with the idea of buying used but after you factor in rotation and balance I save about $300 and that's not worth it considering the cost of the truck. So I'm looking at new rubber and I'm sticking with a street tire for now. My budget is about $600 and the Cooper HTP caught my eyes. I see that many members have AT Coopers but does anyone have any experience with the HTPs?

I've only trusted Americas Tire around me to take care of the rotations and balancing so I'm thinking to go with them. $130 a tire and free lifetime balancing. 65k miles warranty. I'd love to go with LTXs but its just not in the budget. No need for ATs although I would love a set.
Old 09-03-2013, 11:36 PM   #2
MGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MGMTacolover55's Tacoma Gallery
if you really want an A/T tire just go buy a set I mean you only get one shot at life might as well enjoy it
Old 09-03-2013, 11:40 PM   #3
PUT THE WORK IN
g.hampton will become famous soon enoughg.hampton will become famous soon enough

Air Force: aerial porter
Name: Garrett
g.hampton's Tacoma Gallery
I spent just over $700 on my set of A/T tires. General Grabbers are pretty good tires and they're fairly cheap (considering the price of tires that is)
Old 09-03-2013, 11:48 PM   #4
Eldowr will become famous soon enough

Air Force: Desk Sgt
Name: Donavon
Eldowr's Tacoma Gallery
If you're looking for a street tire and you are looking for price in the long run look at the Michelin LTX M/S2.. Bit more up front cost, but will last for many many miles

Or, WWW.treadwright.com
I'd order from then myself if shipping to apo wasn't more than the cost of the tires themselves..
Old 09-03-2013, 11:51 PM   #5
CDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
CDSurfPhotography's Tacoma Gallery
Ever consider treadwrights
Old 09-03-2013, 11:53 PM   #6
Zombie Killer
surferkid is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurferkid is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurferkid is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurferkid is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurferkid is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurferkid is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurferkid is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurferkid is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurferkid is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurferkid is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurferkid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT
surferkid's Tacoma Gallery
order some treadrights or discount/americas tire falken wildpeaks are house brand and if you know someone there you can get them for $360 my buddy just got some for his lady's 2nd gen
Old 09-04-2013, 12:03 AM   #7
Nixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Nixinus's Tacoma Gallery
Cooper At3, General grabber, Michelin MS2...going to ask around and get quotes. I don't do a lot of off roading these days with work and school but I haven't had a problem with the stockers even in snow (4WD). I just don't see the need for them right now but I hear you MGM, its a truck and it deserves at least an AT.