Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Good tire/rim size for this leveling kit?

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-06-2013, 08:00 PM   #1
MarkPHX is on a distinguished road
Name: Marko
MarkPHX's Tacoma Gallery
Arrow Good tire/rim size for this leveling kit?

I just bought a 2013 Toyota Tacoma 4X4 , Im going to put a leveling kit on it, 1 inch in the back and 3 inches in the front, what is a good tire and rim size to go with to make it look tough.

Thanks
Mark
Old 09-06-2013, 08:08 PM   #3
Pretty good at drinkin beer!
TaKoToy is a splendid one to beholdTaKoToy is a splendid one to beholdTaKoToy is a splendid one to beholdTaKoToy is a splendid one to beholdTaKoToy is a splendid one to beholdTaKoToy is a splendid one to beholdTaKoToy is a splendid one to behold

Name: Rob
TaKoToy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkPHX View Post
I just bought a 2013 Toyota Tacoma 4X4 prerunner sport model, Im going to put a leveling kit on it, 1 inch in the back and 3 inches in the front, what is a good tire and rim size to go with to make it look tough.

Thanks
Mark
So confused right now
Old 09-06-2013, 08:16 PM   #4
worthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shed

worthywads's Tacoma Gallery
Oh Oh!
Old 09-07-2013, 01:37 AM   #5
unRAVeled is a jewel in the roughunRAVeled is a jewel in the roughunRAVeled is a jewel in the roughunRAVeled is a jewel in the rough

Army: Big Red 1
Name: Derrick
unRAVeled's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW OP! Prerunners like mine is 2WD. There are tons of threads here that ask the same about wheels/tires. Check em out. It's very informative.
Old 09-08-2013, 06:34 PM   #6
worthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Either this was a failed trolling attempt, or OP is embarrassed he doesn't have the 4x4 he thought?
Old 09-08-2013, 09:15 PM   #7
unRAVeled is a jewel in the roughunRAVeled is a jewel in the roughunRAVeled is a jewel in the roughunRAVeled is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by worthywads View Post
Either this was a failed trolling attempt, or OP is embarrassed he doesn't have the 4x4 he thought?

Or maybe he traded it in for a TRD Sport Off Road SR5 4x4 Prerunner TX Pro Baja edition base model V8 5.6L with a Borla catback quad tip exhaust with a rear and front facing camera system.
Old 09-08-2013, 09:27 PM   #8
guitarplayer360 is on a distinguished road

Navy: SNA
guitarplayer360's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by unRAVeled View Post
Or maybe he traded it in for a TRD Sport Off Road SR5 4x4 Prerunner TX Pro Baja edition base model V8 5.6L with a Borla catback quad tip exhaust with a rear and front facing camera system.
Haha!!!
Old 09-09-2013, 07:53 AM   #9
MarkPHX is on a distinguished road
Name: Marko
MarkPHX's Tacoma Gallery
No need to bash on the new guy, this is my first Tacoma I have ever owned, just looking for some friendly advice on here. I corrected my original post. I have been looking at some BF Goodrich AT anyone had any luck with this brand, any recommends on a good brand you have used before?
Old 09-09-2013, 09:59 AM   #10
guitarplayer360 is on a distinguished road

Navy: SNA
guitarplayer360's Tacoma Gallery
Ive had BFG ATs on my 4runner for a while...love em. Just ordered some for my Tacoma. They are always a good option and a very popular tire.
Old 09-09-2013, 01:43 PM   #11

So you don't have a PreRunner?
Old 09-09-2013, 10:06 PM   #12

Hey OP, glad to see you back. My bad for the elbow to the ribs. I'm new to TW as a member but have lurked for awhile since I got my taco earlier this year. GY Duratracs have been one of the most mentioned followed by BFG AT's. What type of driving will you be doing? Mostly street with some lite off road?
Old 09-09-2013, 10:29 PM   #13

265/75/16 & 265/70/17 looks good IMO w/o any rubbing issues. Larger sizes may require some trimming. 285/70/18 was what I wanted with my 3" lift but I didn't want to do the Cab Mount Chop. Like I said before, there are a lot of threads that talk about this. Do some reading and I'm sure you'll make a wise decision. Good luck and post some pics when you get it done.