Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Goodyear Wrangler Radial Tires cheap for a reason?

* Tire Finding Tools Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-10-2013, 06:58 PM   #1
geodude has much to be proud ofgeodude has much to be proud ofgeodude has much to be proud ofgeodude has much to be proud ofgeodude has much to be proud ofgeodude has much to be proud ofgeodude has much to be proud ofgeodude has much to be proud of
geodude's Tacoma Gallery
Goodyear Wrangler Radial Tires cheap for a reason?

Every retailer from Amazon to Walmart seems to be selling these Goodyear Wrangler Radial Tires for $80 or less.

I was about to spring for some Firestone Destination A/T tires, but at this price I'm more inclined to sacrifice some off-road ability and go with the Goodyears.

They look to be a quality All Season, if not a low range All Terrain tire. Has anyone tried these out or heard anything firsthand?

Here's a link http://www.amazon.com/Goodyear-Wrang...keywords=tires
Old 09-10-2013, 07:21 PM   #2
Salesman by trade, Gentleman by habit
Mr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brennen J
Mr. Biscuits's Tacoma Gallery
I had them on my 90 Runner. They're pretty mediocre. With these you definitely get what you paid for but if you don't do a lot of off roading then you should be okay
Old 09-10-2013, 07:32 PM   #4
geodude has much to be proud ofgeodude has much to be proud ofgeodude has much to be proud ofgeodude has much to be proud ofgeodude has much to be proud ofgeodude has much to be proud ofgeodude has much to be proud ofgeodude has much to be proud of
geodude's Tacoma Gallery
So it seems to be another case of you get what you pay for. Looks like I'll stick with the Firestones. Tires are something I don't mind spending a little extra on for quality sake.

Thank you for the responses
Old 09-10-2013, 07:40 PM   #5
Say no to Bro
kirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clayton
kirkofwimbo's Tacoma Gallery
Hankook Dyna Pro AT/m ftw for cost effective all terrain
Old 09-11-2013, 09:55 PM   #6
TXCotton will become famous soon enough

Name: Cotton
TXCotton's Tacoma Gallery
My 2008 Jeep Wrangler came with these stock and they were awful. Wandered on the road at highway speeds and were nearly worn down after 10K miles. I had them rebalanced multiple times from a shop I've used for over a decade.

I finally replaced them with Firestone Destination M/Ts and it was night and day different, even considering I went to a mud terrain tire. The Jeep was instantly drivable above 65mph again, didn't wander, was quieter, and didn't skip around in the rain like it did with the Goodyears! I'd say do what your wallet requires, but my experience was that they didn't last long and had terrible handling.
Old 09-12-2013, 08:52 AM   #7
You don't frighten us, English pig dogs!
Noelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Noel
Noelie84's Tacoma Gallery
They're a decent cheap tire.
Goodyear's been making them forever, so the molds are paid for. They sell a squillion of them, so they can sell them for cheap (kind of like McD's hamburgers) and still turn a profit on them.
Don't expect them to be great at anything, but they're not a bad little tire for the money. I had them on a '96 Danger Ranger (4.0L ext cab 4x4) and got about 30K commuter miles out of them. But, if it snowed at all, I needed 4x4 to get up my hill.

Products Discussed in this Thread