Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

17" wheels that aren't so, well, expensive, and "busy"?

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-10-2013, 11:10 PM   #1
NiceGuyEddie is a glorious beacon of lightNiceGuyEddie is a glorious beacon of lightNiceGuyEddie is a glorious beacon of lightNiceGuyEddie is a glorious beacon of lightNiceGuyEddie is a glorious beacon of light

NiceGuyEddie's Tacoma Gallery
17" wheels that aren't so, well, expensive, and "busy"?

i have a stock 2010 Tacoma 4x4 sport. i am definitely doing the 265/70/17 thing that i read about here.

i also want to get rims, and i have learned about the 4.5" offset to widen the stance. i've read all about trimming the mudflaps, etc.

the problem is all the wheels i find on say, TireRack are too bling-blingy. just too much going on. and i can't imagine having to clean all them nooks and crannies!

i am looking for wheels that are simpler in design, and hopefully not too expensive. i'm open to different colors: chrome, polished aluminum, etc.

you may notice my Cobra kit car in the garage, i got that stuff down pat, but i'm new at the truck thing, so please help.

Old 09-10-2013, 11:15 PM   #2
Blueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
Blueitrgsr's Tacoma Gallery
Look at the SCS wheels on this site. He's got a great looking 17.
Old 09-10-2013, 11:18 PM   #3
"Not all those who wander are lost"
Traction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic, Search and Rescue, Wildland Firefighting
Name: Nathan
Traction120's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueitrgsr View Post
^^^ SCS, I should have gone with some myself.
Old 09-10-2013, 11:36 PM   #4
jermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to behold

Royal Canadian Air Force: aerospace control operator
Name: jeremy
jermoids's Tacoma Gallery
i have these, haven't seen anyone else with them like a lot of other popular wheels. super easy to clean and i think they look pretty damn good.

MKW M19's
Attached Thumbnails
17" wheels that aren't so, well, expensive, and "busy"?-images.jpg  
Old 09-11-2013, 06:04 AM   #5
Yamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yamaha Dave's Tacoma Gallery
I was going to say sounds like SCS wheels are going to be your best bet. Clean and smile design, one of my favorite wheels. Either that or Method Race Wheels.
Old 09-11-2013, 06:06 AM   #6
evanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: evan
evanmb31's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueitrgsr View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traction120 View Post
^^^ SCS, I should have gone with some myself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamaha Dave View Post
I was going to say sounds like SCS wheels are going to be your best bet. Clean and smile design, one of my favorite wheels. Either that or Method Race Wheels.
X100. I love my stealth 6's. i think most colors are backordered right now, vin is a good guy to do business with.
Old 09-11-2013, 06:13 AM   #7
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
I'm rocking 17" SCS stealth 6s, I asked Vin to hook me up with some 'scuffed' ones, they were $600 shipped to my door.. and when I opened them they looked brand new, I couldn't find any scuffs (specifically asked for damaged ones because they will get damaged anyway ).
Old 09-11-2013, 07:31 AM   #8
NiceGuyEddie is a glorious beacon of lightNiceGuyEddie is a glorious beacon of lightNiceGuyEddie is a glorious beacon of lightNiceGuyEddie is a glorious beacon of lightNiceGuyEddie is a glorious beacon of light

Those SCS wheels are all over this forum… I feel like a retard because I never noticed!

They are indeed very clean looking, and I even like the bronze ones. Even the ‘busiest’ of their models are still pretty clean. Too bad i missed the group buy.

Where else can I browse for rims other than TireRack and SummitRacing?

Old 09-11-2013, 07:33 AM   #9
Look away, I'm hideous!
joneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Johnny-5
joneill03's Tacoma Gallery
ATX Mojave, but I'm biased
Old 09-11-2013, 08:15 AM   #10

those remind me of old-school Cragar's, i like them.
Old 09-11-2013, 08:24 AM   #11
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by joneill03 View Post
ATX Mojave, but I'm biased
Really like those wheels and the ones SCS puts out.

Honestly, I actually like the stock TRD Sport wheels.
Old 09-11-2013, 08:32 AM   #12
Dfm155 is on a distinguished road
Dfm155's Tacoma Gallery
Konig Six Shooters

Dustin, who is active on this forum, can hook you up for a good price.
Old 09-11-2013, 08:33 AM   #13
insomnizac is on a distinguished road
Name: Zack
insomnizac's Tacoma Gallery
I've been keeping an eye out for a set of 4Runner sport wheels. Some of the trucks I've seen with them look pretty sharp and it looks like it would fit with all your search criteria...if you can find a set.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/whe...on-wheels.html