Notices

bigger tires

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-11-2013, 03:22 PM   #1
cmarlow is on a distinguished road
Name: graig
cmarlow's Tacoma Gallery
bigger tires

Im picking up my new 2013 toyota Tacoma access cab with the sport package on friday. I bought black 17 x 9 in rims. What is the largest and widest tire I can put on with out needing a lift kit? Thanx much
Old 09-11-2013, 03:28 PM   #2
Señor Member
DriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DriverSound's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW. The size would be 265/70R17. Some people go the skinny tall route which would be 255/80R17 but if you stay in this site long enough, you'd be wanting a lift soon. 2.5" lift will fit you 285/70/17.
Old 09-11-2013, 03:43 PM   #3
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DriverSound View Post
Welcome to TW. The size would be 265/70R17. Some people go the skinny tall route which would be 255/80R17 but if you stay in this site long enough, you'd be wanting a lift soon. 2.5" lift and some trimming will fit you 285/70/17.
Fixed that for you

Also, I'm not sure if you can fit 255/80R17 without rubbing, seems to be some debate on that. 255/75R17 will fit without rubbing, no lift and mudflaps still in place.
Old 09-11-2013, 03:46 PM   #4
Señor Member
DriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
Fixed that for you

Also, I'm not sure if you can fit 255/80R17 without rubbing, seems to be some debate on that. 255/75R17 will fit without rubbing, no lift and mudflaps still in place.
Thank you kind sir. There's always some kind of trimming going on. I had 265/70/17 and had to trim the front plastic liner. If you want bigger tires, be prepared to trim.
Old 09-11-2013, 03:49 PM   #5
brochacho has much to be proud ofbrochacho has much to be proud ofbrochacho has much to be proud ofbrochacho has much to be proud ofbrochacho has much to be proud ofbrochacho has much to be proud ofbrochacho has much to be proud ofbrochacho has much to be proud ofbrochacho has much to be proud ofbrochacho has much to be proud of

Name: Ryan
brochacho's Tacoma Gallery
I have 255/75/17 with 2.5" of lift and I rub slightly still....
Old 09-12-2013, 03:26 AM   #7
cmarlow is on a distinguished road
Name: graig
cmarlow's Tacoma Gallery
awsome thank you for the help - i feel the lift coming!
Old 09-12-2013, 03:56 PM   #8
Señor Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmarlow View Post
awsome thank you for the help - i feel the lift coming!
See, two days and you're talking lift. Your wallet will be a lot lighter finding this site.