1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Tire and wheel weights

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by 2008tacomaowner, Sep 11, 2013.

1. Sep 11, 2013 at 7:17 PM
    2008tacomaowner

2008tacomaowner [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Cleveland, TN
    Vehicle:
    2008 Sr5 4x4
    Bilstien 5100's @ 2.5 up front, 2" add-a-leaf.
    Its probably been covered numerous times but I have searched and all I can find are approximate weights, so here it goes short list but valid comparison.

BFG AT KO LT265/70-16 Laod Range D - 48.8LBS
    BFG Rugged Terrain P265/70-16 - 35.4
    I'm pretty sure that they are Gulf Coast Edition alloy wheels - 22.0LBS

The BFG Rugged Terrains averaged 19-20 MPG.
    The BFG AT KO averaged about 17 MPG.

The BFG Rugged Terrains great tires did get a bit noisy after a while. Very easily punctured though, patched them numerous times. Would recommend them for light off road usage(due only to these tires being easily punctured)

The BFG AT KO awesome tire off road and on. liked them but they were impossible to balance perfectly, tried regular and Road Force. These tire never had an issue with anything even coming close to puncturing them. However, they would grab every possible rock in their path and proceed to hurl them in all directions. They are Extremely heavy for a daily commuter. last forever.

Don't have the weights for the new set of wheels and tires but just installed factory 17" Tacoma wheels and a set of P265/70-17 Bridgestone Duelers Revo 2's and they are by far better than both. Feel better on road, no off road trials yet but will take them off road soon.
    The minor review posted here is simply my opinon of three different tires, hope it helps someone out there.

Products Discussed in

To Top