Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

BF Goodrich Rubicon Tire

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-07-2013, 02:49 PM   #1
Gregman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Gregman's Tacoma Gallery
BF Goodrich Rubicon Tire

Anyone try these tires on a Tacoma? I saw a brand new $38,000 Rubicon on the local Jeep dealer's lot yesterday and thought the tires looked pretty impressive. From what I can tell they are a tire that are made only for the Rubicon and not widely available.

http://www.quadratec.com/jk_wrangler...se/jeep_tires/

Old 10-07-2013, 03:00 PM   #2
Support our troops!
The End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Master at Arms
Name: Tim
The End's Tacoma Gallery
I'm pretty sure they are km1's.
Old 10-07-2013, 03:03 PM   #3
brochacho has much to be proud ofbrochacho has much to be proud ofbrochacho has much to be proud ofbrochacho has much to be proud ofbrochacho has much to be proud ofbrochacho has much to be proud ofbrochacho has much to be proud ofbrochacho has much to be proud ofbrochacho has much to be proud ofbrochacho has much to be proud of

Name: Ryan
brochacho's Tacoma Gallery

Old 10-07-2013, 03:04 PM   #4
Support our troops!
The End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Master at Arms
Name: Tim
The End's Tacoma Gallery
You can order them but the only come in 255/75 I believe.
Old 10-07-2013, 03:13 PM   #5
brochacho has much to be proud ofbrochacho has much to be proud ofbrochacho has much to be proud ofbrochacho has much to be proud ofbrochacho has much to be proud ofbrochacho has much to be proud ofbrochacho has much to be proud ofbrochacho has much to be proud ofbrochacho has much to be proud ofbrochacho has much to be proud of

Name: Ryan
brochacho's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by The End View Post
You can order them but the only come in 255/75 I believe.

Yes, 255/75/17 is the only size they make
Old 10-07-2013, 03:23 PM   #6
Gregman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Gregman's Tacoma Gallery
So what are they like? Are they loud on the highway? Are they hard to balance? Do they do as good in the mud as they look? I expect they aren't a real high mileage tire but probably work real good for a while.
Old 10-07-2013, 03:28 PM   #7
SigSense is one of the sharper tools in the shedSigSense is one of the sharper tools in the shedSigSense is one of the sharper tools in the shedSigSense is one of the sharper tools in the shedSigSense is one of the sharper tools in the shedSigSense is one of the sharper tools in the shedSigSense is one of the sharper tools in the shedSigSense is one of the sharper tools in the shedSigSense is one of the sharper tools in the shedSigSense is one of the sharper tools in the shedSigSense is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: STS
SigSense's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up

They are good on the road, and great off road. Noise is not too bad. Mine balanced fine. I siped them myself also, as they are not siped from the factory.
Old 10-07-2013, 03:28 PM   #8
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregman View Post
So what are they like? Are they loud on the highway? Are they hard to balance? Do they do as good in the mud as they look? I expect they aren't a real high mileage tire but probably work real good for a while.
I happen to have them on my.....Jeep. They are the BFG MT/KM's
They are noisy, but not loud. They balance fine, and seem to wear good. I have 8000 miles on them, and at 17/32" tread. They are ok off road, and in mud. They don't pack up, and turn to slicks, but I don't know of any mud tire that does. I think there are better tires out there, for example, I think the Good Year Dura tracks are a better off road tire, and should be about the same in wear. They seem to do pretty good in loose, and dry dirt.
Old 10-26-2013, 07:35 AM   #9
05taco2.7 is a splendid one to behold05taco2.7 is a splendid one to behold05taco2.7 is a splendid one to behold05taco2.7 is a splendid one to behold05taco2.7 is a splendid one to behold05taco2.7 is a splendid one to behold05taco2.7 is a splendid one to behold
Name: JIMSTER
05taco2.7's Tacoma Gallery
Had em on my regular cab for a while did too off road but didn't like em on pavement especially in the rain seem to slide around alot would have to take a corner at 2 mph to avoid the front hydroplaning
Old 10-27-2013, 06:58 PM   #10
BuckeyeShooter is on a distinguished road
Air Force: Combat Arms Instructor
BuckeyeShooter's Tacoma Gallery

I have those tires on FJ rims on my truck...