1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

My First TACO!

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by Maple85, Mar 10, 2009.

1. Mar 10, 2009 at 6:36 PM
    Maple85

Maple85 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Portland Oregon
    Lots to come at some point. Hopefully soon.
    So I just bought my first truck yesterday. It’s a 2006 Prerunner with the V6 auto. I had it professionally inspected by Toyota and everything was a green light. Last night however I noticed that the truck will occasionally make a rubbing sound on the front right hand side of the truck when in reverse....I can't figure out what this could be. It almost sounds like a rubbing tire but it can't be because those are all stock. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Also what do you think of painting those wheels black. They are just the basic steelies. Would all that black on a mediocre wheel look ok or should I invest in better tires and wheels?

071.jpg
    070.jpg
    068.jpg

2. Mar 10, 2009 at 6:38 PM
    jolayiv

jolayiv Carolina Alliance

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Hertford NC
    Vehicle:
    07 DC TRD 4x4 Off-Road
    Revenge-Fab Sliders, AVS Vent Guards, Rear TSB, Hose clamp MOD, Locker MOD, Flowmaster 40 Series Delta Flow, Midland Radio, Wilson 1000 antenna, Rear Diff breather MOD, Weathertech liners, Maglite mount, Bed Divider, LEER 100XR, Pop&Lock
    Congrats on the new truck. Take a look at the flaps that are inside of you fender wells. Sometimes they pop loose and rub the tire.

Products Discussed in

To Top