LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Retread Opinions

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-14-2009, 07:31 AM   #2
higherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
higherlux's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to higherlux
go 4 it
retreads are the exact same as a new tire except there used (if that makes sence)
Old 03-14-2009, 07:32 AM   #3
Carolina Alliance
jolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: SSgt 6332
Name: Jim
jolayiv's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to jolayiv
I say go for it. Just try to get some sort of warranty on them if possible.
Old 03-14-2009, 08:43 AM   #4
Carolina Alliance: LAZY DIVISION
AUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant future
AUDITECH's Tacoma Gallery
from a truck driver stand point

Keep a close eye on tire pressure if the get low like any tire will over heat but unlike a new tire can let go a little easier.

If the place that did them nows what they are doing should last until you have no more tread.

If you are going to use them on a second pair of rims just for mudding then go for it.
Old 03-14-2009, 09:12 AM   #5
JDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jim
JDCPA's Tacoma Gallery
Typically retreads are used only on the rears. I like virgin rubber up front.
Old 03-14-2009, 11:46 AM   #6
badguybuster is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadguybuster is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadguybuster is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadguybuster is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadguybuster is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadguybuster is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadguybuster is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadguybuster is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadguybuster is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadguybuster is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadguybuster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Military Police (95B)
badguybuster's Tacoma Gallery
Something weird

Here is something else a little weird. First, this truck had about 12,000 miles on it when I bought it and this is the first time I have had to buy tires for it. I was looking at the info sheet and it says it should have 265/65/R16, o.k.? No big deal. It has the factory rims on it BUT the tires it has on are 265/65/R17. So, am I to assume the original owner put bigger rims on it? They are the factory style. I am puzzled.
Old 03-14-2009, 12:28 PM   #7
higherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
higherlux's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to higherlux
Quote:
Originally Posted by badguybuster View Post
Here is something else a little weird. First, this truck had about 12,000 miles on it when I bought it and this is the first time I have had to buy tires for it. I was looking at the info sheet and it says it should have 265/65/R16, o.k.? No big deal. It has the factory rims on it BUT the tires it has on are 265/65/R17. So, am I to assume the original owner put bigger rims on it? They are the factory style. I am puzzled.
he put 17 inch factroy wheels on a truck that came with 16 inch wheels