Notices

Remove TPMS

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-03-2013, 02:37 PM   #1
tractng is on a distinguished road
tractng's Tacoma Gallery
Remove TPMS

Hello,

Looking to remove the TPMS off my 16" steelies before selling the tires/rims. Can I deflate tires and have enough room to access the sensor?

TIA,
TT
Old 12-03-2013, 02:38 PM   #2
Running For Mayor of TW
richardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Richard
richardbui23's Tacoma Gallery
pointless if your trying to move them to alloys.
Old 12-03-2013, 02:44 PM   #3
tractng's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by richardbui23 View Post
pointless if your trying to move them to alloys.

I have aftermarket rims but didn't transfer TPMS over when I purchased them. Discount Tires told me they can use the strap method.

So now I am thinking I of reusing them in the future and need to get rid of junk in the garage.
Old 12-11-2013, 11:02 PM   #4
Mikespeed is on a distinguished road
Mikespeed's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tractng View Post
Looking to remove the TPMS off my 16" steelies before selling the tires/rims. Can I deflate tires and have enough room to access the sensor?

I have the same question. Anyone done this before? Im not going to put them in alloys, or anything else for that matter... I just want to take them out before I get rid of the rims and tires.

P.S. Why is it that people on forums insist on ignoring the question asked and make up their own to answer. Nobody said anything about alloys,... I understand that you may have been trying to help but you didn't answer the question.

Sorry rich. Nothing personal. It just seems that whenever I ask a question on a forum I seldom get a straight answer, or I get answers to questions I never asked.
Old 12-12-2013, 11:39 AM   #5
Wild Ginger
BrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BrettBretterson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Hello,

TIA,
TT
Yes. It might take a little work to break the bead, but it can be done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikespeed View Post
P.S. Why is it that people on forums insist on ignoring the question asked and make up their own to answer. Nobody said anything about alloys,... I understand that you may have been trying to help but you didn't answer the question.
You could not be more right about this, and this is one of my biggest pet peeves, because it's not only in forums that people do it. Why is it so hard for people to just answer the question??
Old 02-15-2014, 06:08 AM   #6
Kencatt is on a distinguished road
Kencatt's Tacoma Gallery
Wondering if you were able to remove the sensors, I was thinking of doing the same thing?
Thx
Old 02-18-2014, 03:17 PM   #7
Poodle Head Mikey is on a distinguished road
Poodle Head Mikey's Tacoma Gallery
if it were me -

I would use a big C-Clamp to squeeze the deflated tire and provide working room. I guess you could have a fat friend stand on the broaken-bead tire - so long as you can trust him not to step or fall off with your fingers still in there.

PHM
------

Quote:
Hello,

TIA,
TT
Old 02-19-2014, 09:09 AM   #8
tractng's Tacoma Gallery
I have not, but will try it and post my feedback soon.
Old 02-20-2014, 07:35 AM   #9
Poodle Head Mikey is on a distinguished road
Poodle Head Mikey's Tacoma Gallery
It is because you reminded them

It is because your question or description of situation reminds them of something that has happened to them or of something that is on their mind. And when reminded they then write about it. They aren't really making it a deliberate point to ignore your question. <g>

PHM
------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikespeed View Post
. . . . Why is it that people on forums insist on ignoring the question asked and make up their own to answer. Nobody said anything about alloys . . . I understand that you may have been trying to help but you didn't answer the question . . .

Sorry rich. Nothing personal. It just seems that whenever I ask a question on a forum I seldom get a straight answer, or I get answers to questions I never asked.[/I]