1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Level 8 MK6 on Single Cab *Pic Heavy*

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by EFalco50, Dec 5, 2013.

1. Dec 5, 2013 at 8:03 PM
    EFalco50

EFalco50 [OP] Woah! How did that get here?

Member:
    First Name:
    Ethan
    Corpus Christi
    Vehicle:
    2012 Single Cab 4x4
    Weather Tech Floor liners, AFE drop in air filter, BFG All Terrain's, Fog lights, Reese Hitch, Undercoating/Rustproofing,
    After a long wait I finally received my new rims from Discount Tire Direct, Ordered directly from their website, and wait was 4 days. No to bad for ground shipping.

Packaging was spot on and rims arrived in flawless condition.
    [​IMG]

As you can see girlfriend is so awed with the awesomeness of these wheels she started drinking hot chocolate uncontrollably.

Here is a close up shot
    [​IMG]

My first impression with these rims was awe-inspiring, the color is amazing! not to overwhelming and still remains tasteful.

The Installation kit included in this package was made by Gorilla and they make the best quality install kits IMO.
    [​IMG]

The next morning I showed up at my local Discount Tire in Corpus Christi to have my new rims swapped with my old ones.
    [​IMG]

The Factory steel wheels are just too plain for my taste.

With a 1 1/2 hour wait I finally had my wheels installed!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Wrapped in 265/75 BFG All terrains! The rims are a Zero offset so there was a small change in stance. Which required me to remove the mud flaps from the front entirely. I didn't have to bad of rubbing but I didn't like how close the tire was and I knew it would rub with any type of offroading.

Here is a better view of the differences in stance.
    Before:
    [​IMG]
    After:[​IMG]

And finally here is a close up of the wheel on the truck with the tire.
    [​IMG]

My overall rating of these rims are 10/10 I think they look great with the center caps! I get a lot of looks now. The Bronze goes very well with black and it is exactly what I was hoping for.

Shout out to the Discount Tire team in Corpus Christi they are very professional and took care of me in a very timely manner.

2. Dec 6, 2013 at 9:15 AM
    DBTaco

DBTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    NC
    Vehicle:
    '08 4x4 TRD off road
    I like those a lot!! They do look alot more bronzy in the pics outside than they do inside. Don't they offer them in a -10mm offset as well? Do you think it would rub with those, and thats why you went 0mm offset? I am hoping to get some type of wheel next year after I decide what I want. These are looking good though.

3. Dec 6, 2013 at 2:20 PM
    EFalco50

Member:
    First Name:
    Ethan
    Corpus Christi
    Vehicle:
    2012 Single Cab 4x4
    Weather Tech Floor liners, AFE drop in air filter, BFG All Terrain's, Fog lights, Reese Hitch, Undercoating/Rustproofing,
    They offer them in a 10 offset I don't plan on lifting so I went with the 0.
    I love the color, don't quote me on this but the 10 offset will bring the wheel out farther and it's ideal with a lift the 0 offset is a 4.5 back spacing I believe so they are closer to the trd rims

4. Dec 6, 2013 at 2:33 PM
    2002Tacoma

2002Tacoma Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Arthur
    Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    TRD Tacoma 4x4
    4+" lift, Radflo with Eibach front. ProComp rear. CAI, TRD Headers, Flowmaster muffler.
    First off your truck looks great. Also you are correct, the -10mm offset puts the wheel out 10mm(0.394") further. I have the -10 offset Level 8 MK6 in Black and the fit prefect. They are right at the edge of the fender flare on the 2002. A friend has the same on gunmetal on a 2010 and they sitck out past the fender flare a bit.
    IMG_1548_zps36bf9ae0_aefd98cd8258a29b7b66dfe898b5796aa87985ea.jpg

5. Dec 7, 2013 at 7:35 PM
    EFalco50

Member:
    First Name:
    Ethan
    Corpus Christi
    Vehicle:
    2012 Single Cab 4x4
    Thanks man. I've been waiting along time for these and I'm glad I pulled the trigger on these, money well spent!

Products Discussed in

To Top