Alignment results and pulling to the right

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-11-2013, 10:15 PM   #1
Saratogian
DefyInertia is on a distinguished road

Name: Nate
DefyInertia's Tacoma Gallery

Just had new tires installed and alignment done. I have Toytec coil overs with LR UCAs and AAL out back. Tires are BFG A/T KO 265/75/16

Steering wheel must be turned to the right quite a bit to hold a straight line (pulls hard left when steering wheel is straight). Alignment results are as follows.

I'll be taking it back to the shop ASAP. What a pain in the a$$.
Old 12-11-2013, 10:24 PM   #2
Salesman by trade, Gentleman by habit
Mr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brennen J
Mr. Biscuits's Tacoma Gallery
did you have a question?
Old 12-11-2013, 10:51 PM   #3
Saratogian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Biscuits View Post
did you have a question?
Venting I suppose. Open to advice or Confirmation that they messed it up. Dude also smudged the hell out if my white lettering and forgot one valve stem cap, which I noticed before leaving.

But all my searching tells me I need something close to 0 toe, 0 camber, and 2.5 caster. Also, should the rear be dead straight or what? Mechanically inclined but new to lifts and alignments.

Still reading...
Old 12-11-2013, 11:10 PM   #4
Mr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I believe camber and caster are inversed. where you gain one, you lose the other. so the mechanic has to not rely on the computer and actually do some work.

and just looking at that sheet there's definitely work to be done. where did you go for the align?
Old 12-11-2013, 11:11 PM   #5
Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Biscuits View Post
I believe camber and caster are inversed. where you gain one, you lose the other. so the mechanic has to not rely on the computer and actually do some work.
You can adjust camber and caster with the LR UCAs as well as with the LCA cams
Old 12-11-2013, 11:12 PM   #6
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
What did you clock the LR UCA ball joint to ?
Old 12-11-2013, 11:14 PM   #7
Saratogian

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
What did you clock the LR UCA ball joint to ?
I set it per the instructions, which I believe was 2.0 but would have to check. I went with what was to recommended by LR. I installed it all my self and am assuming I need to recheck/torque everything once these folks are done messing with alignment.

Edit - confirmed, +2.0 (position D) for total arm + ball joint caster change, which is 0 for the ball joint setting.
Old 12-11-2013, 11:16 PM   #8
Saratogian

I was there at end of the day and tech seemed lazy. He left before I even got my truck back or paid.

Rolling Stock in SF at 16th and Vann Ness. Good rep on yelp, FWIW.

Thanks for the help
Old 12-11-2013, 11:25 PM   #9

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
There is a chance they are fighting seized alignment cam bolts , that's pretty common

If they aren't aware , they can adjust camber at the top nut of the balljoint to at least get your camber numbers equal
Old 12-11-2013, 11:26 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DefyInertia View Post
I was there at end of the day and tech seemed lazy. He left before I even got my truck back or paid.

Rolling Stock in SF at 16th and Vann Ness. Good rep on yelp, FWIW.

Thanks for the help
I know most will disagree, and the quality of work had varied from store to store, but Sears offers a great deal on alignments. you can get one, but the value is in their 6 month, 12 month, and unlimited plans. you can go back every day and get a new alignment free of charge! makes it easier for us truck guys who will see our vehicles out of alignment very often.
Old 12-11-2013, 11:29 PM   #11

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
OP , the first post of this thread is a good read for alignment using the LR UCA's

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...cing-ucas.html

I'm off to bed , so perhaps I'll check back in tomorrow
Old 12-11-2013, 11:32 PM   #12
Saratogian

And here is before and after
Old 12-12-2013, 07:19 AM   #13
Saratogian

Quote:
There is a chance they are fighting seized alignment cam bolts , that's pretty common
Perhaps. Truck has been in Cali all it's life and has 68,000 miles, no rust or corrosion really anywhere.

Quote:
OP , the first post of this thread is a good read for alignment using the LR UCA's

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...cing-ucas.html

I'm off to bed , so perhaps I'll check back in tomorrow
Massively helpful, thank you.

So the fact that my steering wheel is cocked to the right is somewhat unrelated to the alignment, yes? Meaning they probably need to fix at the same time but they are two separate problems.
Old 12-13-2013, 01:58 PM   #14
Saratogian

telling me best they can do. Truck still pulls left so discussing refund and go elsewhere. Nice people, but not getting it done.
Old 12-13-2013, 04:10 PM   #15
Saratogian

Final result and steering wheel still slightly off