1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Nitrogen Tire fill.

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by Joel Fox, Sep 24, 2007.

1. Jan 22, 2008 at 6:16 PM
    concrete jedi

concrete jedi Well-Known Member

Member:
    Rochester N.Y
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma 4 door indigo blue
    Broken and scratched tailgate, cracked rear tail light lens, coffee stain in driver seat.
    I've had two rims on company trucks rust out and leak, Ford even admitted to the problem but never recalled them, and i don't know... the threads previous seem to be fact based, i am no scientist but with a few of us who are pilots or work around aircraft would seem pretty legitimate, I know that if I get the chance I'll use the gas.

2. Feb 3, 2008 at 1:02 PM
    ellsworth

ellsworth Well-Known Member

Member:
    Buffalo
    Vehicle:
    08' off rd 6 speed
    6 inch Fabtech, st stabilizers, 18x9 DC -1s 305/65/18 bfg at's
    IF YOUR TRUCK HAS TO BE PUT IN A PLANE NITROGEN WILL HELP..WHAT THE TIRE PLACES ARENT TELLING PEOPLE IS THAT LETTING OUT THE CHEAP AIR AND FILLING WITH PURE NITROGEN WITH OUT THE BENEFIT OF PUTTING THE WHEEL IN A VACUUM THERE IS STILL, YOU GUESSED IT, REGULAR CHEAP AIR IN THERE....ON OUR RACECAR, WE VACUUM THE TIRE AT 28 INCHES FOR ABOUT A MINUTE TO BOIL OFF MOISTURE THEN FILL WITH NITROGEN ONLY TO KEEP THE TIRE PRESURE FROM RISING AS THE TIRE WARMS...IN A PASSENGER RATED TIRE I FEEL IT MAY BE JUST A MONEY MAKER WITH LONG TERM VALUE NOT PROVING WORTH THE NITROGEN FILL PROGRAM. TIRES WILL LOOSE AIR FROM TIME TO TIME FROM THE INHERENT NATURE OF THE TIRE ITSELF THEN WHAT DO YOU DO, GO BACK TO THE TIRE PLACE FOR A TOP-OFF? FOR THE TACOMA OWNER, KEEP YOUR TRUCK TIRES FILLED WITH THE CHEAP AIR, THE REAL CORROSION PROBLEMS ARE THE ONES AT THE HUB TO WHEEL AREA NOT INSIDE THE WHEEL/TIRE AREA...OH YEAH, IF ANYONE WANTS THERE TIRES FILLED I WILL DO IT FOR AHH 20$ A SET, YEAH AND FREE TOP OFFS WITH APPOINTMENT!!!!

3. Feb 3, 2008 at 4:40 PM
    TSUNAMI*22

TSUNAMI*22 Obama can suck-it

Member:
    Stockton, CA
    Vehicle:
    '07 Standard Cab / White / 2.7 I4
    ScanGuage 2 equipped. Toyota DIY aftermarket Cruise Control mod
    So denser means larger now? Where do some of you guys get your facts? What's more dense - a beach ball or a 1 oz. fishing weight?

Nitrogen expands less with heat, and contracts less with cold.

Nascar uses NITROGEN because it's more of an inert gas than Oxygen and thus expands and contracts much less than regular air when the ambient temperture changes. Thus (in Nascar's case) the tire's pressure fluctuates less and their car setup changes less during a run. Small pressure changes can affect the handling of a racecar.

In our case (the consumer) increased pressure adversely affects the tire's shape when it gets hot and increases uneven wear patterns on the tire tread.

4. Feb 3, 2008 at 4:48 PM
    TSUNAMI*22

TSUNAMI*22 Obama can suck-it

Member:
    Stockton, CA
    Vehicle:
    '07 Standard Cab / White / 2.7 I4
    ScanGuage 2 equipped. Toyota DIY aftermarket Cruise Control mod
    By the way, if you wanna avoid the big initial nitrogen payment just buy some cheap green valve stem caps before you go to get them filled.

:rolleyes:

Products Discussed in

To Top