Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Wheel Specs

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-26-2009, 11:50 AM   #21
Mazdayota is a jewel in the roughMazdayota is a jewel in the roughMazdayota is a jewel in the rough
Mazdayota's Tacoma Gallery
^^^ If you don't have one of the TRD packages (Off-Road or Sport) then you most likely have the 16x7 steelies the SR5 packages came with. As for 16x8's fitting - that depends on many variables, but this is an information thread for stock wheels, not for aftermarket fitment. There are many other threads out there talking about aftermarket wheel fitment.

That being said. Any and all additional information would be greatly appreciated!
Old 07-17-2009, 04:27 PM   #22
Banned
DdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Crazy
DdayIsNear's Tacoma Gallery
very useful..just what i needed,,,is there info about 07 trd sport rim weight yet?
Old 08-20-2009, 09:30 AM   #24
Mazdayota is a jewel in the roughMazdayota is a jewel in the roughMazdayota is a jewel in the rough
Thanks for keeping this alive guys. One of these days I'll get around to putting the list together a little more nicely. I've been super busy with work and other things, I really haven't been able to do anything to the truck other than drive it.
Old 08-25-2009, 07:28 AM   #25
jgang is on a distinguished road
jgang's Tacoma Gallery
I read somewhere that the stock 17" Sport wheel weighs about 28lbs.
Old 08-30-2009, 01:37 PM   #26
npc0510 is on a distinguished road
Name: Nick
npc0510's Tacoma Gallery
Alright so bear with me this is my first post but i have a 4 cyl 08 prerunner 2WD and i have yet to do any modifications to it yet considering how i dont know i damn thing about how to do it. Anyways, my stock tires are bald and I need to get new ones. I figured that now would be a good time to get bigger tires. Does anyone know the largest size i cant fit comfortably in the wheel well without having to get a lift just yet? Also, any recommendations on the brand/type?
Old 09-03-2009, 02:18 PM   #27
oncor23 is on a distinguished road
oncor23's Tacoma Gallery
I've got a stock 09 2WD with the 15 inch wheels. Can I go to a 16 inch wheel without a lift? I have some snow tires on 16 inch non toyota rims. They are p235/70/R16. Is there a toyota rim that would work with those tires and my new Tacoma???
Old 09-22-2009, 03:29 PM   #28
azTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedazTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedazTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedazTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedazTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedazTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedazTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedazTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedazTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedazTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedazTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

azTRD's Tacoma Gallery
I just measured my 16" TRD Off-Road Wheels and found the following:

Backspacing: 5.25"
Offset: 1.25" (+31.75mm)
Old 09-28-2009, 04:03 PM   #29
Quote:
Originally Posted by azTRD View Post
I just measured my 16" TRD Off-Road Wheels and found the following:

Backspacing: 5.25"
Offset: 1.25" (+31.75mm)
Thanks for the info! I've updated the first post to reflect your contribution.
Old 09-30-2009, 08:01 AM   #30
jwhelan is a glorious beacon of lightjwhelan is a glorious beacon of lightjwhelan is a glorious beacon of lightjwhelan is a glorious beacon of lightjwhelan is a glorious beacon of lightjwhelan is a glorious beacon of light

Name: JW
jwhelan's Tacoma Gallery
I am looking into replacing my 16" TRD offroad alloys. I was thinking 17 X 8
6 bolt 5.5's obviously, my question is what offset will work? The wheels I am interested in have a 12mm offset. any idea?
Old 10-01-2009, 12:22 AM   #31
gsxrrider will become famous soon enoughgsxrrider will become famous soon enough
gsxrrider's Tacoma Gallery
Does anyone know the weight of the stock 16' steel wheels from a 07 dcab. Also I am looking for the weight of the trd offroad ones. Iím considering the trd offroad wheels if they are a lot lighter because i have bfg AT's 265/75/16 Load range d. and the things are heavy...

Thanks in advance.
Old 10-06-2009, 02:14 PM   #32
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
Arent the TRD FJ wheels 4.5" backspacing? I remember my friend who has them telling me that.
Old 10-07-2009, 05:18 PM   #33
NH03TacomaTRD4x4 is on a distinguished road

Name: Doug
NH03TacomaTRD4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Guys this may help. Go to the following website

http://www.myboltpattern.com/ select the bolt pattern tab then by make and model tab, then Enter in your year/make/model and it should give all your wheel info.
Old 10-15-2009, 12:36 AM   #34
Wish i was wheelin
TengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
TengoTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for that link above, some good information inside.

It didn't have any information on a 2004 stock TRD wheel though... Anyone have information? Im pretty sure it is a 16x7 but does anyone know the backspacing and offset?

Currently i am running the stock TRD wheels with 1.25" wheel spacers.

I am going to buy some 16x8 wheels and would like to know what back spacing and offset i would need to get it to stick out what it is now.
Old 10-15-2009, 05:17 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by TengoTaco View Post
Thanks for that link above, some good information inside.

It didn't have any information on a 2004 stock TRD wheel though... Anyone have information? Im pretty sure it is a 16x7 but does anyone know the backspacing and offset?

Currently i am running the stock TRD wheels with 1.25" wheel spacers.

I am going to buy some 16x8 wheels and would like to know what back spacing and offset i would need to get it to stick out what it is now.

I'm trying to find that out as well. I went to a toyota truck dealer ship and all they show on there computers is that it is a 16x7 rim they have no specs on off set or back spacing. the parts department told me to call or go to a town fair tire and they will be able to tell me what the back spacing is on my TRD because they sell rims. I have yet to call or stop by to find out.

Please let us know if you take the time and I will do the same.
Old 10-15-2009, 10:56 PM   #36
Wish i was wheelin
TengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
TengoTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I Found the information on the first gen TRD rims at TTORA.

They are 16x7's BS 4 and 7/16ths.
Old 10-16-2009, 04:48 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by TengoTaco View Post
I Found the information on the first gen TRD rims at TTORA.

They are 16x7's BS 4 and 7/16ths.

Thx 4&7/16ths seems like such an odd number. I know you won't find after market rims with those specs, so the rims will have to either set out a bit more or set in a bit more with most aftermarket rims being 3.75, 4, 4.75 or 5. granted it isn't much of a difference. Can you post where you found that info on TTORA so I can read it pls.

Thx again I will call Town Fair Tire to see if they concur.
Old 11-08-2009, 06:33 AM   #38
OH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Steve
OH-MAN's Tacoma Gallery
I put a set of 17" FJ wheels on my 09 sport but I did not take the time to measure the back space.
I am curious now if it is different than the sport wheels?
Old 11-18-2009, 07:51 PM   #39
TRDLove is on a distinguished road
Name: Brent
TRDLove's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up helps for sure

Quote:
Originally Posted by epa4wd View Post
I hope not, this is the kind of information that people usually look for.

this is the information i exactly needed
Old 12-03-2009, 07:09 AM   #40
SHHHH, this is interesting
07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed

07TacoRidah's Tacoma Gallery
I have a question about the backspacing. I am planning on putting on 15x6 Rally's on my taco, I found a place that has the lug pattern, but they state that the offset if 6.

link:
https://secure.hotrodhanks.com/produ...productID/3416

will the offset of this Rally rim stick out? If so, by how much (1", 1.5" etc).