Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Wheel Specs

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-09-2012, 08:40 AM   #121
Tenderfoot
joyotaco is a splendid one to beholdjoyotaco is a splendid one to beholdjoyotaco is a splendid one to beholdjoyotaco is a splendid one to beholdjoyotaco is a splendid one to beholdjoyotaco is a splendid one to beholdjoyotaco is a splendid one to behold

Name: Ken
joyotaco's Tacoma Gallery
I got so excited to see this thread only to find out my truck's specs weren't here. I'm sure my breed of Tacoma's specs aren't in as high demand as 2nd gens, but since I've had a devil of a time trying to find this information, I just went ahead and took some of my own measurements off my stock '98. Here ya go.

95-00 Base 2wd steel wheels: 14x6, 5.04" backspacing (128mm), hub center bore 67.1mm, 5x4.5"/114.3mm lug pattern. I calculated offset to be between +37mm and +40mm.
OEM Tire size: 195/75 R14, but my truck has 205/70 R14s on it now.

If you want to know how I came up with the calculated offset, read on.

I didn't have the exact offset specs but based on my measurements and making a reasonable assumption (based off of CAD drawings I've seen for Ford and Toyota rims) that the wheel's bead rim is 12-14mm wide, here's what I came up with.

6"/2 = 3" * 25.4 (to convert to mm) = 76.2mm
76.2mm + 12mm (for the bead rim) = 88.2mm or 76.2 + 14mm = 90.2

backspacing - distance from outer edge of rim to the centerline = Offset

So, 128mm - 88.2mm = 39.8mm or 128mm - 90.2mm = 37.8mm

Measuring the hub in mm

Measuring the backspacing using the two straight-edge method.
Old 12-30-2012, 06:25 PM   #122
jermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to behold

Royal Canadian Air Force: aerospace control operator
Name: jeremy
jermoids's Tacoma Gallery
does anyone know how accurate these specs are for a 2012 trd sport?

TRD Sport Alloy Wheels: 17x7.5, +30 mm offset, 5.5" backspacing, 6x5.5" bolt pattern, 108 mm hub bore, ? lbs

i thought the bore was 106mm? i'm guessing things have changed a little since this thread was started?
Old 01-06-2013, 12:53 PM   #123
Fightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Fightman80's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
The stock wheels are +38, but they are also 7" wide compared to the 9.5 wide you want. The 6.71 backspacing would sit much too far in would maybe even make the wheel itself hit your spindle.

However the 5.71" backspacing which will still put the tire closer to the UCA than stock, will still stick out 2.5" more than your stock wheels, simply because the wheel you are looking at is so wide.

If you want something close to stock, look for 5.5" backspacing and no more than 8" wide.
Does this mean that I CAN"T run a 9.5" wide wheel???
Old 01-06-2013, 03:12 PM   #124
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fightman80 View Post
Does this mean that I CAN"T run a 9.5" wide wheel???
It does not.

What is the backspacing of the 9.5" wheel you want, what size tires are you going to run, how much lift do you have, and how much trimming and chopping are you willing to do?

It's all a case by case basis.
Old 01-07-2013, 04:59 AM   #125
Fightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Fightman80's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
It does not.

What is the backspacing of the 9.5" wheel you want, what size tires are you going to run, how much lift do you have, and how much trimming and chopping are you willing to do?

It's all a case by case basis.
I plan on running a 3" Skyjacker lift, 285/70/17.... Butt don't know the back spacing, as they are a Nissan Rim. They came with low profile tires, but I tossed them, and will more than than likely run a wheel spacer, because I want them to stick out about an inch and a half. I don't mind trimming, but don't want it to be noticeAble.
Old 01-07-2013, 10:49 AM   #126
replica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
replica9000's Tacoma Gallery
I'm running 305/60's on a 18x9 0 offset rim with a 3" lift. They stick out maybe 1/2" to 1" from the fenders. I had to trim most of the mudflap, some of the inner fender flare, and some of the body mount. Not horribly noticeable.
Old 01-09-2013, 01:15 AM   #127
Stealth Custom Series™
SCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Vin
SCSPerformance's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jermoids View Post
does anyone know how accurate these specs are for a 2012 trd sport?

TRD Sport Alloy Wheels: 17x7.5, +30 mm offset, 5.5" backspacing, 6x5.5" bolt pattern, 108 mm hub bore, ? lbs

i thought the bore was 106mm? i'm guessing things have changed a little since this thread was started?
The hub bore is still 106mm and the wheel weights approx. 25lbs.
Old 01-27-2013, 07:54 AM   #128
Adi is on a distinguished road
Name: Adi
Adi's Tacoma Gallery
I'm ready to pull a trigger on some new wheels just wanted some confirmation that they would fit fine. The wheel is 17x8.5, -12mm offset, which puts it at a 4.25" backspace. I'm planning on running 265/70/17 (32") ???
Old 01-27-2013, 08:10 AM   #129
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi View Post
I'm ready to pull a trigger on some new wheels just wanted some confirmation that they would fit fine. The wheel is 17x8.5, -12mm offset, which puts it at a 4.25" backspace. I'm planning on running 265/70/17 (32") ???
I'd expect a small amount of trimming.
Old 01-27-2013, 10:12 AM   #130
jermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
i just put on my new wheels, 17x8.5 0 offset and around 4.88 backspace and same size tires. had to remove that weird little mud flap in front of the front tire and still have to trim a bit of the front mud flap, probably just a little where it bulges out in front of the cab mount.
Old 01-27-2013, 10:44 AM   #131
Adi's Tacoma Gallery
Trimming? hmmm I do have a 3" toytec spacer lift which i'm also replacing with a 2.5" OME setup. Sorry i didn't mention that. I'm planning on running the bfg's 265/70/17 C-rated, althou tempted to go 275/17/70 but E-rated might be a bit much for a Taco. ???
Old 01-27-2013, 10:48 AM   #132
Adi's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
i just put on my new wheels, 17x8.5 0 offset and around 4.88 backspace and same size tires. had to remove that weird little mud flap in front of the front tire and still have to trim a bit of the front mud flap, probably just a little where it bulges out in front of the cab mount.
Do you have a lift and where did you find those mk19 one of my favorite wheels they look amazing
Old 01-27-2013, 12:23 PM   #133
sees what you did there.

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Trimming? hmmm I do have a 3" toytec spacer lift which i'm also replacing with a 2.5" OME setup. Sorry i didn't mention that. I'm planning on running the bfg's 265/70/17 C-rated, althou tempted to go 275/17/70 but E-rated might be a bit much for a Taco. ???
With the lift you should be fine with the 265s or the 275s. Minor trimming if any.

I would say E rated is definitely overkill
Old 01-27-2013, 03:31 PM   #134

Quote:
Do you have a lift and where did you find those mk19 one of my favorite wheels they look amazing
thanks, i have 5100's at 1.75" up front and 1" readylift blocks in the back.
i wanted them because there aren't a lot of people out there with them, and i think they're awesome looking of course.
http://mrwheeldeal.com/b/ is where i got them and had a great experience with steve there.
Old 01-27-2013, 04:13 PM   #135
Adi's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
thanks, i have 5100's at 1.75" up front and 1" readylift blocks in the back.
i wanted them because there aren't a lot of people out there with them, and i think they're awesome looking of course.
http://mrwheeldeal.com/b/ is where i got them and had a great experience with steve there.
Sweet i have spent the whole day doing some final research on wheels and tires and actually ended up emailing mr.wheel and have him shoot me a price. I'm thinking those M19 in 18" and same size tires as KPT, Toyo Open Country AT/2 C-6ply. We'll see what kind of price i get on em. Thanks for the response.
Old 01-27-2013, 05:13 PM   #136

Quote:
Sweet i have spent the whole day doing some final research on wheels and tires and actually ended up emailing mr.wheel and have him shoot me a price. I'm thinking those M19 in 18" and same size tires as KPT, Toyo Open Country AT/2 C-6ply. We'll see what kind of price i get on em. Thanks for the response.
you're welcome, good luck, hope he gets you a sweet quote. also, i lurked around online to find the lowest price possible on those wheels, sent him the link and he beat it.
Old 01-28-2013, 08:16 AM   #137
kryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kryten's Tacoma Gallery
Are these 15" or 16" wheels? I thought this style of steel wheel was 16". They are listed as 15", but I also thought 6 lug Tacomas come only with 16", 17" or 18" wheels and not 15". Thanks.

Old 01-28-2013, 08:19 AM   #138
sees what you did there.

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kryten View Post
Are these 15" or 16" wheels? I thought this style of steel wheel was 16". They are listed as 15", but I also thought 6 lug Tacomas come only with 16", 17" or 18" wheels and not 15". Thanks.

16x7
Old 01-28-2013, 09:21 AM   #139
kryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kryten's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
16x7
Perfect, thanks.
Old 01-28-2013, 10:19 AM   #140
tstege is on a distinguished road
Air Force: Wildland fire fighter Hotshot Crew
Name: tyler
tstege's Tacoma Gallery
17" on a first gen

Hey guys I tried to fing this but may e it's so common sense it's not listed. Ihabe a line on some 17" and some tires a guy was running on his second gen w/ 31x10.5 and I am running 31x10.5 R15 currently. Can I swap to a bigger rim or does that involve brake and other issues? Thanks Tyler