Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Wheel Specs

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-28-2013, 11:24 AM   #141
Stealth Custom Series™
SCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Vin
SCSPerformance's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tstege View Post
Hey guys I tried to fing this but may e it's so common sense it's not listed. Ihabe a line on some 17" and some tires a guy was running on his second gen w/ 31x10.5 and I am running 31x10.5 R15 currently. Can I swap to a bigger rim or does that involve brake and other issues? Thanks Tyler
If you're buying wheels and tires off of a 2nd gen for your 1st gen then it's a direct swap. You don't need to change out anything else. The setup will just have more wheel and less tire as far as looks are concern.
Old 01-28-2013, 04:02 PM   #142
tstege is on a distinguished road
Air Force: Wildland fire fighter Hotshot Crew
Name: tyler
tstege's Tacoma Gallery
wheels

Thanks that is all I was looking to do I like the bigger rims in terms of ride quality on the rode but did not want to have to change anything else. Tyler
Old 02-11-2013, 09:02 AM   #143
phatso is on a distinguished road
phatso's Tacoma Gallery
I'm in the process of lifting my 08 DC TRD OR (lift ordered!)...

I want to go to 285/75/16

Discount tire said to not put that size on my stock rims because the tire is a little too wide for the rim. I'm also concerned that the tire will rub on the control arms.

Questions:
1. Should I ignore them and put the 285's on my stock wheels and will the sides rub? Need spacers, thanks replica9000

2. Would the FJ replicas with 285's rub on the side, need spacers?

3. Should I be looking at offset or backspacing to determine if the sides will rub?

TRD Off-Road Wheels: 16x7, +32 mm offset, 5.25" backspacing, 6x5.5" bolt pattern, ? hub bore, ? lbs
TRD FJ Cruiser Allow Wheels: 16x7.5, +15 mm offset, ? backspacing, 6x5.5" bolt pattern, ? hub bore, ? lbs
Thanks
Old 02-11-2013, 09:09 AM   #144
replica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
replica9000's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by phatso View Post

Discount tire said to not put that size on my stock rims because the tire is a little too wide for the rim. I'm also concerned that the tire will rub on the control arms.

Questions:
1. Should I ignore them and put the 285's on my stock wheels and will the sides rub?

2. Would the FJ replicas with 285's rub on the side?

3. Should I be looking at offset or backspacing to determine if the sides will rub?

TRD Off-Road Wheels: 16x7, +32 mm offset, 5.25" backspacing, 6x5.5" bolt pattern, ? hub bore, ? lbs
TRD FJ Cruiser Allow Wheels: 16x7.5, +15 mm offset, ? backspacing, 6x5.5" bolt pattern, ? hub bore, ? lbs
Thanks
From what I've read, you will at least need spacers to fit 285's with the stock rims.
Old 02-11-2013, 01:38 PM   #145
Stealth Custom Series™
SCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by phatso View Post

Questions:
1. Should I ignore them and put the 285's on my stock wheels and will the sides rub? Need spacers, thanks replica9000

2. Would the FJ replicas with 285's rub on the side, need spacers?

Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by replica9000 View Post
From what I've read, you will at least need spacers to fit 285's with the stock rims.
Jason is correct. You will need adapters to clear the UCA with the stock wheels. To clear 285s, wheels with about 4.5" BS will give you the clearance you need.

I do not know the exact specs of the TRD off-road wheels, but here's the spec for the TRD FJ wheels

TRD FJ Cruiser Allow Wheels
16x7.5
+15 mm offset
~4.90" backspacing
6x5.5" bolt pattern
106mm hub bore
~24lbs
Old 03-21-2013, 01:46 PM   #146
MRJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMRJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMRJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMRJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMRJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMRJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMRJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMRJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMRJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMRJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMRJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bucky
MRJ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kryten View Post
29 lbs
Old 03-25-2013, 01:45 PM   #147
Dog slave
Erik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Erik
Erik65's Tacoma Gallery
Got my eye on these puppies anyone know if the specs are on?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/140582979717...S:1123&vxp=mtr

He states 16x7.5 with 10 for offset and 5" backspace. I thought the fakelocks were 4.5" backspace, or is that just the Tacoma wheels?
Old 03-25-2013, 02:42 PM   #148
Stealth Custom Series™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik65 View Post
http://www.ebay.com/itm/140582979717...S:1123&vxp=mtr

He states 16x7.5 with 10 for offset and 5" backspace. I thought the fakelocks were 4.5" backspace, or is that just the Tacoma wheels?
I do not see anything stating that the wheels have a 5" BS. They are 16x7.5 with +10mm offset which translate to ~4.60" BS.
Old 03-25-2013, 02:52 PM   #149
Mall Crawler
MrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Dean'o
MrGrimm's Tacoma Gallery
Hutchinson Rock Monster

Hutchinson P/N WA-0567
Size: 17 x 8.5"
Bolt pattern: 6H - 139.7 mm BCD
Lug style: M12 shank nut (hub piloted)
Hub bore diameter: 4.18" (106.2 mm)
SAE rated load: 2,750 lbs. - 60 psi
Backspacing: 4.51" (114.3 mm)
Construction: Cast aluminum alloy
Weight: A lot

Old 03-26-2013, 12:18 AM   #150
Dog slave
Erik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Erik
Erik65's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCSPerformance View Post
I do not see anything stating that the wheels have a 5" BS. They are 16x7.5 with +10mm offset which translate to ~4.60" BS.
Messaged hime directly and he replied with the 5 inch figure. Didn't sound right to me because I thought the black and the bronze had similar backspacing. I'm in need of 16x8/6 on 5.5/5 inch backspace wheels. Probably have to look at US wheel. Unless my lift manufacturer says I can go up to 17s.
Old 04-08-2013, 12:44 PM   #151
BBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
BBtacosurfer's Tacoma Gallery
I might totally be in the wrong thread here, but do you guys know if anyone out there makes aluminum wheels NOT in China?! Are all cast aluminum wheels manufactured in China? Am I making a big deal out of nothing?! Thank you
Old 04-08-2013, 02:31 PM   #152
Stealth Custom Series™

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBtacosurfer View Post
I might totally be in the wrong thread here, but do you guys know if anyone out there makes aluminum wheels NOT in China?! Are all cast aluminum wheels manufactured in China? Am I making a big deal out of nothing?! Thank you
Not all aftermarket alloy wheels are made in China, but a lot are. Heck, even some OEM wheels are made in China. I have one FJ TRD wheel in storage that says made in China on it. They're not all manufactured poorly so you have to do your research on the company and see if they back up their warranty and service.

Our SCS wheels are made in Taiwan and Thailand if you're curious.
Old 04-08-2013, 10:26 PM   #153
BBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

^^^ Thank you SCS...It's just kind of crazy to me to put Chinese parts on a good truck. I'm looking at Pro Comp and Black Rock wheels. I've heard good and bad about Pro Comp but not much about Black Rock. I guess I'll just accept that aluminum wheels are mostly made in cheap overseas factories.
Old 04-11-2013, 08:16 PM   #154

Quote:
Not all aftermarket alloy wheels are made in China, but a lot are. Heck, even some OEM wheels are made in China. I have one FJ TRD wheel in storage that says made in China on it. They're not all manufactured poorly so you have to do your research on the company and see if they back up their warranty and service.

Our SCS wheels are made in Taiwan and Thailand if you're curious.
SCS, do you have the Stealth 6 in Matte Black in stock? It looked like it wasn't an option when I visited your website. If so, how much for a wheel?
Old 04-11-2013, 08:18 PM   #155
Stealth Custom Series™

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBtacosurfer View Post
SCS, do you have the Stealth 6 in Matte Black in stock? It looked like it wasn't an option when I visited your website. If so, how much for a wheel?
PM coming your way.
Old 04-22-2013, 09:43 PM   #156
emilminasian is on a distinguished road
Name: Emil Minasian
emilminasian's Tacoma Gallery
anyone know if this fit ment will fit a taco? with no lift 17x9 6x5.5 6x139.7 bolt pattern
Old 04-23-2013, 11:16 AM   #157
Stealth Custom Series™

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilminasian View Post
anyone know if this fit ment will fit a taco? with no lift 17x9 6x5.5 6x139.7 bolt pattern
We need to know the backspacing or offset and what tire size you plan to use.
Old 04-23-2013, 11:25 AM   #158
replica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
replica9000's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
We need to know the backspacing or offset and what tire size you plan to use.
And the center bore too. From what I hear, you could swap between a Toyota and a Chevy, the Toyota rims will fit the Chevy, but the Chevy rims won't fit the Toyota, unless I've been misinformed.
Old 04-23-2013, 11:31 AM   #159
Stealth Custom Series™

Quote:
Originally Posted by replica9000 View Post
And the center bore too. From what I hear, you could swap between a Toyota and a Chevy, the Toyota rims will fit the Chevy, but the Chevy rims won't fit the Toyota, unless I've been misinformed.
You're absolutely correct.
Old 04-29-2013, 11:00 PM   #160
jsantoslincoln is on a distinguished road
Name: James
jsantoslincoln's Tacoma Gallery
Hey guys - I'm thinking about getting the following wheels/tires without a lift. I'm ok cutting some plastic and removing mudflaps but want to stay away from the cab mount chop. Would the following work?

Konig Six Shooters - 17x9, 0mm offset, 5" backspacing
Goodyear MT/R Kevlar - 275/70 17

Also, are 265 wide tires too thin for a 9" wide wheel?

Thanks!