Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

goodyear wrangler rt/s

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-18-2009, 02:49 PM   #1
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
goodyear wrangler rt/s

anyone with any experience with these tires? i recently got a set of gtradial adventuro a/t tires.........not again tho. im swapping these for the rt/s tires........mostly because i drive on the interstate alot. the adventuro's are heavy as hell and they dont balance worth a crap....even with roadforce balancing......................they still shook the truck like hell at 65mph and above.

negatives/positives about this tire??
Old 03-18-2009, 02:52 PM   #2
tdm156 is a jewel in the roughtdm156 is a jewel in the roughtdm156 is a jewel in the roughtdm156 is a jewel in the rough

tdm156's Tacoma Gallery
I had those as stock tires on my 04 Ranger and they did ok for what I was doing but wet traction was poor and I had some hydro plane issues with them so be careful if there is alot of water on the road.
Old 03-18-2009, 02:53 PM   #3
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdm156 View Post
I had those as stock tires on my 04 Ranger and they did ok for what I was doing but wet traction was poor and I had some hydro plane issues with them so be careful if there is alot of water on the road.
thanks for the heads up man.
Old 03-18-2009, 02:55 PM   #4

these will be my everyday driving tire...................i have a set of mastercraft courser m/t tires on my steelies for offroading.
Old 03-18-2009, 03:11 PM   #5
David Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David Tarantino's Tacoma Gallery
Will dont do it the goodyears dont balance well and suck in the wet werther your not going to be happy with them
a lot of my customers dont like them we have taken new ones off and replaced them with other tires
Try the B/S A/T revos
Old 03-18-2009, 04:23 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Tarantino View Post
Will dont do it the goodyears dont balance well and suck in the wet werther your not going to be happy with them
a lot of my customers dont like them we have taken new ones off and replaced them with other tires
Try the B/S A/T revos
actually.....i had the revos on my other tacoma..........awesome tire, then i traded it. should have taken those tires off. i paid a little over $500 for the adventuros a couple of weeks ago................and im checking with the place i bought them from, gonna see what the price difference with the 265/75/16 revo's are. i'd much rather have the revos anyway.
Old 03-18-2009, 05:18 PM   #7
David Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shed

the revos are more money but i feel worth it in the long run
Old 03-18-2009, 05:27 PM   #8

Quote:
the revos are more money but i feel worth it in the long run
yeah.........since i paid around $500 for the set of tires i have now.....im thinking another $250 to $300 to even it out......hopefully anyway
Old 03-18-2009, 05:33 PM   #9

most places in nj give a 30 day ride warranty if
your not happy with the ride you pay the defiance
i know we do i hope it works out for you
good luck keep me posted thanks
Old 03-18-2009, 05:39 PM   #10
06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Colin
06BLUEDBLSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
Will what about the toyo open country?
Old 03-18-2009, 05:50 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06BLUEDBLSPORT View Post
better then the goodyears not as good as the revos
Old 03-18-2009, 05:54 PM   #12
06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
are the revos like the nitto's?
Old 03-18-2009, 06:00 PM   #13

Quote:
those are expensive as hell man....plus i have had revos before.......awesome tire. i woulda got them instead of the adventuro's, but these were alot cheaper....now, im gonna have to pay anyway....shoulda got them in the first place!
Old 03-18-2009, 06:08 PM   #14
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
those are expensive as hell man....plus i have had revos before.......awesome tire. i woulda got them instead of the adventuro's, but these were alot cheaper....now, im gonna have to pay anyway....shoulda got them in the first place!
aww well lessoned learned lol. before you buy your tires, find a friend in the tire business... my best friends dad owns an NTB and gave me a sweet deal on my tires
Old 03-18-2009, 06:08 PM   #15

Quote:
are the revos like the nitto's?
in what way are you askiing
Old 03-18-2009, 06:09 PM   #16

Quote:
aww well lessoned learned lol. before you buy your tires, find a friend in the tire business... my best friends dad owns an NTB and gave me a sweet deal on my tires
thats where i got them from...........the goodyear place my buddy runs! i just went the cheap route....and its kickin my ass now!
Old 03-18-2009, 06:12 PM   #17
Quote:
in what way are you askiing
Quality, durability, life span, traction etc
Quote:
thats where i got them from...........the goodyear place my buddy runs! i just went the cheap route....and its kickin my ass now!
You should sell your steelies and tires and invest in a long lasting tire, so you will just have one set of rims and tire but you will have a good long lasting durable tire
Old 03-18-2009, 06:13 PM   #18

Quote:
guys this is what i do sell tires if i can help happy too
Old 03-18-2009, 06:13 PM   #19

Quote:
Quality, durability, life span, traction etc

You should sell your steelies and tires and invest in a long lasting tire or, so you will just have one set of rims and tire but you will have a good long lasting durable tire
nah......i'd rather keep my steelies and mastercrafts for wheeling/mud and shit, and my painted stock wheels with a good set for everyday use!
Old 03-18-2009, 06:17 PM   #20
Quote:
guys this is what i do sell tires if i can help happy too
To help, tell Will a good tire to get that will perform well lol
Quote:
nah......i'd rather keep my steelies and mastercrafts for wheeling/mud and shit, and my painted stock wheels with a good set for everyday use!
Oh, how good are those mastercrafts on the road?