1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Tire Selection

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by hdbluedeuce, Jan 9, 2014.

1. Jan 9, 2014 at 9:14 AM
    hdbluedeuce

hdbluedeuce [OP] New Member

Member:
    Apex, NC
    Vehicle:
    17 DCSB Sport
    Need help/input on tire selection for my truck. 2004 xcab, 4x4, V6 w/ 3" lift just installed. After Xmas, I put Helo 791 wheels on it and new Duratrac 265/75/16 tires in a load range C.

Love the looks of the tire, but absolutely hate the ride; mostly the road noise from the tire. Guess I should have expected it from such an aggressive tread on the tire, but reading on here, no one seemed to think they were very loud. I do, maybe I'm just getting old!

I'd prefer to stay with the same size tire and in a load range C if possible. The truck will not be on heavy trails, logging paths at most, so off road performance isn't a concern.

I would like to have a tire with a more "agressive" looking sidewall (for asthetics) while being extremely quite on the road, if that's possible. Any recommendations from the group and comments on quietness of recommended tire? Any side view photos would be greatly appreciated if you have them on your truck!

p.s. I will have a set of nearly new (less than 100 miles) on them for sale very shortly. PM me if interested.

Thanks!

2. Jan 9, 2014 at 3:41 PM
    Bagman

Bagman Dental Floss Tycoon

Member:
    Area 51
    Vehicle:
    2023 4Runner SR5 Premium

Products Discussed in

To Top