Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Duratracs VS Trail Grapplers VS..?

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-14-2014, 06:58 PM   #1
YESSAHBUD...heyut
mainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ol' Waltah
mainewoodsballer's Tacoma Gallery
Duratracs VS Trail Grapplers VS..?

I got some XD revolver rims black in the garage. Just need to find some tires for them. I like the looks of the Duratracs though they are pretty pricey. Grapplers are about the same $ ? It looks like they may be a bit more aggressive.

What other tires with similar tread are people running that they like? Maybe something they wont put such a dent in the wallet. I do quite a bit of road driving so I dont need anything real aggressive. Any info or input helps! Thanks.
Old 01-14-2014, 09:05 PM   #2
Because 4R
Wishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
Wishbone Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Hankook Dynapro ATM (RF10) is a great AT that has good looks and is great on and off road.
Old 01-21-2014, 06:42 PM   #3
YESSAHBUD...heyut
mainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I think those look similar to what I have now (Rugged Terrain) Im looking for something more aggressive I think.
Old 01-21-2014, 06:44 PM   #4
-Solve et Coagula-
Silence9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilence9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilence9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilence9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilence9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilence9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilence9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilence9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilence9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilence9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilence9 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
Silence9's Tacoma Gallery
If you want more aggresive go with Grapplers. Nothing but good reviews.
Old 01-21-2014, 06:44 PM   #5
The more people I meet, the more I like my dogs.
LukeBo4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLukeBo4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLukeBo4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLukeBo4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLukeBo4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLukeBo4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLukeBo4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLukeBo4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLukeBo4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLukeBo4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLukeBo4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: luke
LukeBo4x4's Tacoma Gallery
i have duratracs i love them
Old 01-21-2014, 06:46 PM   #6
YESSAHBUD...heyut

Are the prices about the same?
Old 01-21-2014, 06:48 PM   #7
The more people I meet, the more I like my dogs.
LukeBo4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLukeBo4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLukeBo4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLukeBo4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLukeBo4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLukeBo4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLukeBo4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLukeBo4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLukeBo4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLukeBo4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLukeBo4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: luke
LukeBo4x4's Tacoma Gallery
what size are u tryin to run but id be willin to bet that the nittos are gonna be more expensive
Old 01-21-2014, 06:54 PM   #8
foxhead is a name known to allfoxhead is a name known to allfoxhead is a name known to allfoxhead is a name known to allfoxhead is a name known to allfoxhead is a name known to all

Name: Andrew
foxhead's Tacoma Gallery
I have the Falken Wildpeak At's and I love them. Not sure that they're what you are looking for but just thought I'd throw my two cents in
Old 01-21-2014, 06:55 PM   #9
Ghost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tony
Ghost848's Tacoma Gallery
Your comparing apples to oranges. Duratracs are an all terrain while nittos are a m/t tire. At tire will be a better all round tire vs the m/t tire will perform the best offroad. Im personally not a fan of duratracs, for an a/t tire id want a Yokohama at. I ran trail grapplers for the last two summers and were a great m/t tire. I found they wore really fast.
Old 01-21-2014, 07:01 PM   #10
YESSAHBUD...heyut

from what I have seen in pics the Duratracs look like they are pretty aggressive for an A/t. I like the look of them and the trail grapples looked similar to me, but I guess not.

Probably looking for 265/70/17 or maybe the next size up. not sure what i can fit with the lift and rims with no rubbing
Old 02-19-2014, 04:27 PM   #11
YESSAHBUD...heyut

ayuh
Old 02-19-2014, 04:45 PM   #12
vssman will become famous soon enoughvssman will become famous soon enough
vssman's Tacoma Gallery
Maine'
I just picked up a set of the Hankook DynaPro ATMs from Discount Tire. Actually there in transit now. I got them for 129 each by having a price match with a web site called tirecrazy.com. Shipping included too. They were originally 152 on Discount's site. The lowest price for Duratracs that I could find was right at 190 each. I'm running 265/75-16.
Old 02-19-2014, 05:30 PM   #13
U know fish can hear u thinking just b4 u sneeze
Skinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lance
Skinny Rogers's Tacoma Gallery
Between the 2 I'd say duratracs
Old 02-19-2014, 06:19 PM   #14
happy is one of the sharper tools in the shedhappy is one of the sharper tools in the shedhappy is one of the sharper tools in the shedhappy is one of the sharper tools in the shedhappy is one of the sharper tools in the shedhappy is one of the sharper tools in the shedhappy is one of the sharper tools in the shedhappy is one of the sharper tools in the shedhappy is one of the sharper tools in the shedhappy is one of the sharper tools in the shedhappy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

happy's Tacoma Gallery
Kelly Safari TSRs are the closest I think. They're made by Goodyear just like the Duratracs. They were $45 a tire cheaper for me, and now I actually prefer the looks over the Duratracs. Same tread depth, very similar outside tread pattern, aggressive AT that's great in snow & ice.
Attached Thumbnails
Duratracs VS Trail Grapplers VS..?-trk1.jpg  
Old 02-19-2014, 06:30 PM   #15
Rjp23 is on a distinguished road
Name: Ryan
Rjp23's Tacoma Gallery
Duratracs