yes 626 42.94%
no 206 14.13%
hell yea 488 33.47%
are you stupid? 138 9.47%
Voters: 1458. You may not vote on this poll

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-11-2013, 06:10 PM   #241
Senor Taco
Mademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
Mademan925's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RieRie View Post
so which would be best for running boards / side steps that are chrome but you are wanting them black, plastidip or painting them?! This never crossed my mind until reading this thread so HI5 for the idea!!!
Plasti probably won't hold on running board. Try painting with a good primer and lots of layers of paint.
Old 03-01-2013, 09:05 PM   #242
Polymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Polymerhead's Tacoma Gallery
Derped my rims, then got a flat and the tire shop thrashed the derp (no fault of theirs). Took it off all the wheels in like 10 mins but the center caps were tougher to remove so I just left it on them. Now I like it that way, lol.
Old 07-08-2013, 07:28 PM   #243
Shake n bake
Tsunami115 has a spectacular aura aboutTsunami115 has a spectacular aura about

Tsunami115's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoope View Post
DAM That striping does just enough to make those .....My stock BLACK wheels are collecting dust BUT these pix give me ideas for a "winter" touch up,just different colors....

pyfaz, NICELY DONE......
x2!!!
Old 07-14-2013, 01:58 PM   #245
HBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Allen
HBtaco02's Tacoma Gallery

I vote hell yes. I think black wheels look best on silver tacos. Here is mine...
Old 07-15-2013, 02:49 PM   #246
Salesman by trade, Gentleman by habit
Mr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brennen J
Mr. Biscuits's Tacoma Gallery
thank you for reviving an ancient thread.
Old 07-17-2013, 08:24 AM   #247
Mazzive is on a distinguished road
Name: Nick
Mazzive's Tacoma Gallery
This thread is probably too old but Ill add my info.

I painted mine with bed liner and finished out the emblem with a red paint pen. In my opinion it looks great and it has held up great through wheeling and all...

edit: damnit... working on this^
Old 07-17-2013, 08:41 AM   #248
lowcountrytj is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowcountrytj is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowcountrytj is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowcountrytj is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowcountrytj is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowcountrytj is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowcountrytj is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowcountrytj is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowcountrytj is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowcountrytj is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowcountrytj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Phillip
lowcountrytj's Tacoma Gallery
Alloy wheel repair did mine after a certain company scratched the piss out of mine. They will come to your house and do it . I am pleased with them.
I wonder if the OP ever got his done...def older thread.
Old 07-17-2013, 01:46 PM   #250
jeffro2388 is on a distinguished road
jeffro2388's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowcountrytj View Post
Alloy wheel repair did mine after a certain company scratched the piss out of mine. They will come to your house and do it . I am pleased with them.
I wonder if the OP ever got his done...def older thread.

Is that a glossy black?
And what did that set you back? If you dont mind me asking.
Old 07-19-2013, 12:38 PM   #251
josepenajr has a spectacular aura aboutjosepenajr has a spectacular aura about
josepenajr's Tacoma Gallery
Yes

yes i did it to my 2013 texas edition rims.

Old 07-19-2013, 05:28 PM   #252
lowcountrytj is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowcountrytj is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowcountrytj is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowcountrytj is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowcountrytj is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowcountrytj is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowcountrytj is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowcountrytj is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowcountrytj is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowcountrytj is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowcountrytj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffro2388 View Post
Is that a glossy black?
And what did that set you back? If you dont mind me asking.
Jeffro... Wallyworld damaged my wheels(imagine that). They picked up the tab. Sorry, I don't know what Alloy charges? They are World wide if I am not mistaken. Check themout online. They are eeverywhere!
Not trying to pump them , but they come to you and my tech was super cool.
http://www.awrswheelrepair.com/
The only black he had at the time was semi gloss and not flat. I told him to use the semi and I really like it.
Old 07-21-2013, 06:47 AM   #253
jeffro2388 is on a distinguished road
jeffro2388's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowcountrytj View Post
Jeffro... Wallyworld damaged my wheels(imagine that). They picked up the tab. Sorry, I don't know what Alloy charges? They are World wide if I am not mistaken. Check themout online. They are eeverywhere!
Not trying to pump them , but they come to you and my tech was super cool.
http://www.awrswheelrepair.com/
The only black he had at the time was semi gloss and not flat. I told him to use the semi and I really like it.
Thanks lowcountry.
I found them here in south florida near me. I am gonna email them to get a price.
Appreciate the info.
Will post pics when I have it done.
Old 07-21-2013, 04:27 PM   #254

Army:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffro2388 View Post
Thanks lowcountry.
I found them here in south florida near me. I am gonna email them to get a price.
Appreciate the info.
Will post pics when I have it done.
Awesome...No problem. Glad to help!
Old 07-29-2013, 04:07 AM   #255
TBlack is on a distinguished road

Name: Taylor
TBlack's Tacoma Gallery
Rattle-canned

I love the flat black look even if it is just spray paint of stock steel wheels. If you do enough layers it actually holds up really well.
Attached Thumbnails
black rims?-img_1919.jpg   black rims?-img_1922.jpg   black rims?-img_1921.jpg  
Old 07-29-2013, 10:24 AM   #256
metrick1215 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmetrick1215 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmetrick1215 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmetrick1215 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmetrick1215 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmetrick1215 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmetrick1215 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmetrick1215 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmetrick1215 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmetrick1215 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmetrick1215 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Firefighter/Paramedic
Name: Chris
metrick1215's Tacoma Gallery
Plastiderp'd mine today..

Old 07-29-2013, 01:53 PM   #258
josepenajr has a spectacular aura aboutjosepenajr has a spectacular aura about
josepenajr's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtyfighterx View Post
dipped my wheels and all my emblems including the front one love the look
any pics?