aka Tg
t33gee is on a distinguished road

Name: Tyler
t33gee's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to t33gee
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyToyTaco View Post
i vote hell yeah

will those rims off that year taco work with a 03 tacoma prerunner?
Old 05-03-2009, 08:56 PM   #43
Keep it simple. Keep it positive.
bmxican is on a distinguished road

bmxican's Tacoma Gallery
yes. do it. just prep it well and you'll be fine. I did it.
Old 05-03-2009, 09:02 PM   #44
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by t33gee View Post
will those rims off that year taco work with a 03 tacoma prerunner?

they should
Old 05-03-2009, 09:05 PM   #45
aka Tg
t33gee is on a distinguished road

Name: Tyler
t33gee's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to t33gee
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan00 View Post
they should
where can i get some?
Old 05-05-2009, 04:11 PM   #46
White-Lightning is on a distinguished road

White-Lightning's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to White-Lightning
I got a red tacoma with black fender flares..will black wheels look good on them?
Old 05-05-2009, 04:22 PM   #47
The StormTrooper
TightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TightShirts
TightShirts's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by White-Lightning View Post
I got a red tacoma with black fender flares..will black wheels look good on them?
black or bronze- like think bronze wheels look good on red trucks
Old 05-13-2009, 07:24 PM   #50
WoodsDweller
KraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Dave
KraQr's Tacoma Gallery
new black

Old 05-16-2009, 04:59 PM   #51
Power Top
MonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: K9 Handler
MonkeyProof's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to MonkeyProof Send a message via Skype™ to MonkeyProof
painted my stock rims using Krylon's camouflage ultra flat black..

Old 05-16-2009, 05:36 PM   #52
gjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: LAR (Master Gunner/Instructor)
Name: Guy
gjbonner's Tacoma Gallery
so what does it really take to paint them yourself...i have my crawler rims and they only came in gloss black....I think the gloss black is just not going to go with the Rhino look so i would like to use the duplicolor and black it. the prep is my confusion. the duplicolor site says to ruff up the paint by scratching it with a wire brush or something so that it will adhese better...or should i just sand the entire thing down? also if i do the out side shouldnt i scratch up (or sand) the inside as well so that the paint is al throughout? what did you guys do and what are other's ideas? The powder coat is too nice of a black i think...my most recent pics are on "my rhino build" thread. the wheels are in my spare room waiting for my decision.
Old 05-21-2009, 02:49 PM   #54
Cpt. Bubbleguts
S7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
S7ICKlVlAN's Tacoma Gallery
Last time I painted stock wheels with a clearcoat, we sanded and prepped the surface. Sprayed 2 coats of primer, 6 coats of Onyx black with a flattening agent, and baked them for a few hours. Came out perfect which is fortunate because I don't know how I'd touch up flat black without having to respray the whole thing.

Oh and we separated the wheels and tires.
Old 05-21-2009, 03:51 PM   #55
Danzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanzer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
Danzer's Tacoma Gallery
I did 2 light coats of primer and sanded then used a tacky cloth followed by a rustoleum wheel paint. They call if flat black but it's more of a satin look. I used red caliper paint on the logo.

Old 05-21-2009, 07:52 PM   #56
gjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: LAR (Master Gunner/Instructor)
Name: Guy
gjbonner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
KiddLast time I painted stock wheels with a clearcoat, we sanded and prepped the surface. Sprayed 2 coats of primer, 6 coats of Onyx black with a flattening agent, and baked them for a few hours. Came out perfect which is fortunate because I don't know how I'd touch up flat black without having to respray the whole thing.

Oh and we separated the wheels and tires.
Just what exactly is onyx black and what is a flattening agent? does a certain brand automatically come with the flattening agent or is it separate and what does a flattening agent do exactly? As for the baking, approximatley how long and at what temp in the oven? Why the baking? does it improve your chances of the paint not getting scratch off? and does the clear coat go on and then you bake or after the baking?

I know, a lot of questions but i like to get stuff right the first time and my tires just showed up so i need to get these rims done. Saturday is my only window of opportunity before i get the lift on June 13th. thanks for the info.
Old 05-21-2009, 08:02 PM   #57
White-Lightning is on a distinguished road

White-Lightning's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to White-Lightning
Rimsss

Anyone think these wheels...http://www.wheelsnext.com/wheels-rim...k%20Gloss.html ..would look good with these tires. http://www.summittire.us/Tires/MudDawg.gif
Old 05-27-2009, 06:46 PM   #58
What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz? CHICKEN?
moto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
moto932's Tacoma Gallery
anyone know how self-painted wheels hold up to road salt vs. powdercaoting them?
Old 05-31-2009, 09:51 PM   #59
NorCal
CyberTron is a name known to allCyberTron is a name known to allCyberTron is a name known to allCyberTron is a name known to allCyberTron is a name known to allCyberTron is a name known to all

CyberTron's Tacoma Gallery
Its actually doesn't look to bad.
Old 06-02-2009, 06:18 PM   #60
NinjaTaco is on a distinguished road
NinjaTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I am looking to powder coat my rims gloss black. I am hoping to find a shop in Southern California (Huntington Beach Area) that can pull the rims and tires off my truck, sand blast / prep, powder coat, balance, and reinstall the finished product. Any recommendations on a shop that does quality work?

Also, have any of you guys had any problems with your powder coat chipping off your wheels? I had a trailer hitch coated years ago and it looked great for about 6 months. Then a 6’’ by 2’’ strip of powder coat fell off. I think the prep work was not the best. Hopefully I can find someone to do the job right this time.

Thanks for your help!