Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-22-2014, 01:58 PM   #1
setty7 has a spectacular aura aboutsetty7 has a spectacular aura about
Name: Justin
setty7's Tacoma Gallery
Need tires

Guys,
I am needing tires here pretty soon. I drive the truck a lot. My job requires me to drive in the city everyday and the highway at least once or twice a week. I do pull a 17ft key west and a tandum axle trailer a good bit. I am wanting something that has good tread life and will do the job needed. Please vote and any helpful info is greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Old 01-22-2014, 04:08 PM   #2
ace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
ace96's Tacoma Gallery
Michelin m/s2's. You cannot beat the tread life. I doubt any of those other tires will get close to same tread life.
Old 01-22-2014, 04:11 PM   #3
OldPhart
bldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bldegle2's Tacoma Gallery
yup, another vote for Michelin, 70,000+ on the last set and still drivable tread left, only reason I got new ones is I upgraded to 17" wheels (original 15")
Old 01-22-2014, 05:53 PM   #4
setty7's Tacoma Gallery
they dont look that aggresive. Their website says 60k warranty. Toyo at2 says 65k warranty. What do yall think? What about price difference?
Old 01-22-2014, 06:53 PM   #5
SSG665 has a spectacular aura aboutSSG665 has a spectacular aura aboutSSG665 has a spectacular aura about
SSG665's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ace96 View Post
Michelin m/s2's. You cannot beat the tread life. I doubt any of those other tires will get close to same tread life.
+1,They last forever and ride crazy good..They also do surprisingly well off road..
Old 01-22-2014, 08:14 PM   #6
setty7's Tacoma Gallery
Just not an impressive looking tire but I'm sure it handles good and wears good.

Stupid question, how can you tell if I have a leveling kit or not? It sits up pretty nice in the front but I don't see a spacer or anything. It does have bilsteiins but aren't they from the factory on the sport models?
Old 01-22-2014, 08:18 PM   #7
MARSHBUSTER is on a distinguished road

Firefighter:
Name: Jim
MARSHBUSTER's Tacoma Gallery
BFG's AT KO's
Old 01-22-2014, 08:39 PM   #8
setty7's Tacoma Gallery
Falken wild peak a/t?
Old 01-22-2014, 08:40 PM   #9
foxhead is a jewel in the roughfoxhead is a jewel in the roughfoxhead is a jewel in the rough

Name: Andrew
foxhead's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by setty7 View Post
Falken wild peak a/t?
I love mine. Highly recommended
Old 01-22-2014, 08:43 PM   #10
Recklessly tired
Fightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Luke
Fightnfire's Tacoma Gallery
Hankook Dynapto ATM

Better and cheaper than the Toyo's, I have them and have well over 40k miles with plenty of tread left. I drive 80 miles round trip per day and love them.

BFG AT KO's are over rated old technology.. Do yourself a favor and read some unbiased reviews, there are plenty from trucks to jeeps where the BFG comes in behind the newer technology AT's.

Here's one, keep in mind the Hankooks are way cheaper than the Toyo's or the BFG:

http://www.fourwheeler.com/how-to/wh...terrain-tires/

"Each of the tires performed very well given the terrain we tested them on. The tires showed very little, if any, chipping and cutting of the tread and sidewall, even after a long day of running rocky trail terrain. We are very familiar with the Open Country and All-Terrain T/A KO-both tires have been around for a while. The RF10 is the new kid on the block, and we were impressed by its off-highway performance and its friendly on-road manners.

To tell you the truth, there weren't many discernible differences among the three tires' performance on- and off-highway. However, we did get slightly better traction with the Hankooks on sandy rock, a good test of a tire's traction capabilities. The on-highway friendliness of the tires is what we expected, far more quiet than the drone of the mud-terrain tires we are used to. The tires emitted little road noise, with the BFG All-Terrains slightly louder than the RF10s and the Open Countrys."

EDIT: I run these on my truck, plenty of pics in my pics. Here's one from the web:

Old 01-22-2014, 08:48 PM   #11
setty7's Tacoma Gallery
Can y'all post pics plz?
Old 01-22-2014, 09:12 PM   #12
MARSHBUSTER is on a distinguished road

Firefighter:
Name: Jim
MARSHBUSTER's Tacoma Gallery
I have the Hankook Dynapros ATM's on my Fire Department Command Unit and The BFG ALL TERRAIN KO's on my Tacoma. I agree the Hankook's are a GREAT tire also. I have run the BFG's on a F-150, a Dakota and now my Tacoma and have had GREAT RESULTS with them on all three vehicles. So I would recommend either tire.
Old 01-23-2014, 05:08 AM   #13
ace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
ace96's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Just not an impressive looking tire but I'm sure it handles good and wears good.

Stupid question, how can you tell if I have a leveling kit or not? It sits up pretty nice in the front but I don't see a spacer or anything. It does have bilsteiins but aren't they from the factory on the sport models?
No, it is not an impressive looking tire. It's a highway tire which sounds like what you need.
Old 01-23-2014, 05:37 AM   #14
Wannabe crawler
NC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
NC10TRDSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
I have the Dynapro ATMs and will not be buying them again. I wanted the Discoverer ST Maxx and convinced myself to go with the Hankooks. I've been disappointed with them. They don't go for shit in the wet snow and spin like crazy when it's raining. Only getting worse by the month. Off road I'm actually surprised by these though. Very good grip there! But for road driving I wouldn't recommend them personally.
Old 01-23-2014, 06:53 PM   #15
setty7's Tacoma Gallery
bump, any more input? Really like the ltz's
Old 01-24-2014, 11:51 PM   #16
honeybadger
red boy is on a distinguished road
Name: ANDY
red boy's Tacoma Gallery
The LTX A/T2 is slightly more aggressive looking and will return many of the same benefits of the M/S2
Old 01-25-2014, 07:36 AM   #17
nextfriday is a name known to allnextfriday is a name known to allnextfriday is a name known to allnextfriday is a name known to allnextfriday is a name known to allnextfriday is a name known to all

nextfriday's Tacoma Gallery
Be real about what you're using the truck for. Buy some cooper highway tires. You'll save a ton of cash.
Old 01-25-2014, 07:51 AM   #18
Dental Floss Tycoon
Bagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Bagman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
they dont look that aggresive. Their website says 60k warranty. Toyo at2 says 65k warranty. What do yall think? What about price difference?
OP - if you're not a big off-roader look at Cooper ATP's. I have them on my truck which is my DD. Just took a very long highway trip with them through dry, wet and snowy conditions and they performed very well. 55,000 mile wear warranty and have a slightly aggressive look to them. They are available only through Discount Tire or Discount Tire Direct. Good luck.

Old 02-01-2014, 01:11 PM   #19
Pastry Chef
tacotoe is on a distinguished road
tacotoe's Tacoma Gallery
General Grabber AT2`s
Old 02-03-2014, 04:07 PM   #20
Woodcutter is on a distinguished road
Woodcutter's Tacoma Gallery
Recommended Tire

General Grabber AT2 is suppose to have good traction in rain and readings support it as a good choice, and as always with any AT some road noise is noted.