Old 02-03-2014, 01:50 PM   #21
maykevin5 is on a distinguished road

Name: Kevin
maykevin5's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utard View Post
Michelin Tires - LTX A/T2

Good tread and quite
I agree, put a set of the LTX M/S2 on my 2012 Double cab and couldn't believe the difference. All you can her driving down the road is the wind blowing over the truck.
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....omCompare1=yes

Old 02-03-2014, 03:14 PM   #23
the logical one
fixer5000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfixer5000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfixer5000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfixer5000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfixer5000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfixer5000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfixer5000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfixer5000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfixer5000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfixer5000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfixer5000 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Steve
fixer5000's Tacoma Gallery
i had the michelin ms2's on my truck for like 4 weeks now and they are a heck of a lot quieter than the factory bridgestones ever were. not to mention they handle great rain snow etc and last almost as long as a toyota truck!!
Old 02-03-2014, 03:28 PM   #24
40 year old teenager
Warputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet - 1st Inf. Div.
Name: Chris
Warputer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by YotaOverAll View Post
A/T's are noisy?
I wasn't going to say anything but since you already did.
Old 02-03-2014, 03:34 PM   #25
EatSleepFish is on a distinguished road
Name: Nathan
EatSleepFish's Tacoma Gallery
I just got the cooper at3's last week and I love them so far. Aggressive deep tread but very quiet even being LT load C
Old 02-03-2014, 04:00 PM   #26
wesplains is on a distinguished road
Name: West
wesplains's Tacoma Gallery
I put SAs on my Jeep (DD), 17X9. It was amazing how much quieter and smoother the ride was. The SAs replaced the BF Goodrich (AT/Mudders) that came stock.

When I wear out the stock ones on the Tacoma (DD) that will be what I go with.
Old 02-03-2014, 04:58 PM   #27
cbr04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbr04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbr04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbr04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbr04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbr04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbr04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbr04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbr04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbr04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbr04 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
cbr04's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by maykevin5 View Post
I agree, put a set of the LTX M/S2 on my 2012 Double cab and couldn't believe the difference. All you can her driving down the road is the wind blowing over the truck.
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....omCompare1=yes

Michelin LTX MS2 are incredibly quiet!
Old 02-03-2014, 05:48 PM   #28
southernTRD is a splendid one to beholdsouthernTRD is a splendid one to beholdsouthernTRD is a splendid one to beholdsouthernTRD is a splendid one to beholdsouthernTRD is a splendid one to beholdsouthernTRD is a splendid one to beholdsouthernTRD is a splendid one to behold
southernTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airframes Chief View Post
For the aggressive look and quiet ride together, go purchase a set of Toyo M/T. I just put a set of 33x12.50x18 on a 18x10 rim with 7" of lift and I swear that there is NO noise coming off of these tires. All non believers should come take a ride in my truck. Good luck and Aloha!
Yep, they ride like stock tires and pull great. Best MTs I've ever run on. But there is not an off road tire out there that will stay quiet, ride good and last very long if tires and truck are not maintained.
Old 02-03-2014, 06:28 PM   #29
jaymac10 is on a distinguished road
jaymac10's Tacoma Gallery
The Duratrac's are pretty quiet for an aggressive tread.
Old 02-03-2014, 06:40 PM   #30
PCHearn has a spectacular aura aboutPCHearn has a spectacular aura aboutPCHearn has a spectacular aura about

Air Force: During Viet Nam
Name: Patrick
PCHearn's Tacoma Gallery
THANKS to everyone who made a recommendation. I'll miss the aggressive look, but I will not miss the noise. By the way, I have my tires/wheels rotated and balanced every six months and I also have the front end alignment done every six months. But the tires still seem to be getting noisier and noisier.
Old 02-03-2014, 06:49 PM   #31
AllMountainToy is a splendid one to beholdAllMountainToy is a splendid one to beholdAllMountainToy is a splendid one to beholdAllMountainToy is a splendid one to beholdAllMountainToy is a splendid one to beholdAllMountainToy is a splendid one to beholdAllMountainToy is a splendid one to behold
AllMountainToy's Tacoma Gallery
My experience after 26 years of driving 4WD with any large M/T or A/T tires is that almost ALMOST all start out quiet. Even all the BFG M/Ts I have had started out "quiet" then just got noisier and noisier. A/Ts do exactly the same.

I agree it's annoying but at the same time the truck can use only so much of its capabilities without those types of tires

Good Luck.
Old 02-04-2014, 03:30 AM   #33
Livinserene is on a distinguished road
Livinserene's Tacoma Gallery
Cooper at-3s
Old 02-04-2014, 04:08 AM   #34
40 year old teenager
Warputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet - 1st Inf. Div.
Name: Chris
Warputer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahshiet View Post
My 305/65/17 Mickey Thompson ATZ's was loud for a A/T tire way louder then the BF KO
I had 35/15.5/15 Swamper SX's years ago & loved the hum they gave off. But alas......they only last about 20K miles so I went a different route this time.
Old 02-04-2014, 04:17 AM   #35
Ahshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Ahshiet's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warputer View Post
I had 35/15.5/15 Swamper SX's years ago & loved the hum they gave off. But alas......they only last about 20K miles so I went a different route this time.
Yeah I like the sound and look of an aggressive tire. I like when driving down the road and they hear you coming so watch out lol my swampers saved my truck from some serious damage before I got my sliders too a lady in a 2wd tacoma about half truck length ahead of me turned into my lane all I saw was she got real close then all I heard was lugs beating on her door and fender her mirror just pushed in my fender if it wasn't for the 16x10 and 31x12.5 swamper she would have did some damage
Old 02-04-2014, 10:37 AM   #36
maykevin5 is on a distinguished road

maykevin5's Tacoma Gallery
If you don't have or have not run Michelin M/S2's on your tacoma, you don't know what you are missing. 10,000 miles on mine so far and won't buy anything else. Even tread wear and super quiet with lots of traction. Granted they don't have that "I'm going to climb Mt. Everest look", but I'm extremely happy with them. For those who say they just bought mud tires and they are quiet, give it a few thousand miles.
Old 02-04-2014, 10:43 AM   #37
MonStar
Koov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Koov's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbr04 View Post
Michelin LTX MS2 are incredibly quiet!
^^^^^^BINGO!!! Winner Winner chicken dinner. Love these tires but they don't have them in the size you are looking for. Quietest tire ever!
Old 02-04-2014, 01:35 PM   #38
PCHearn has a spectacular aura aboutPCHearn has a spectacular aura aboutPCHearn has a spectacular aura about

Air Force: During Viet Nam
Name: Patrick
PCHearn's Tacoma Gallery
Thank you SO MUCH for the help. What is the real/actual size difference between the 305/70/17 tires I have on my truck right now compared to the 285/70/17, which I believe is the largest Michelin LTX MS2 tire they make in the 17"? Will it look a lot smaller? Is there some other 17" Michelin LTX MS2 tire that is available that would work? I'm not seeing any. The guy at the TireRack said the 285/70R17 is .2" taller and 3/4" narrower. Does that sound right? Thanks.
Old 02-04-2014, 02:03 PM   #39
TexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
TexasPreRunner's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/att...calculator.xls
Old 02-04-2014, 04:09 PM   #40
Supashawn is on a distinguished road
Supashawn's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCHearn View Post
Hi. I have a 3” Procomp lift, 17x9 RBP 93R wheels with a 4.5” backspace, and 305/65/17 Procomp Xtreme AT tires. I absolutely love the setup, but the tires are just too noisy. I can't carry on a conversation inside the truck while I'm driving down the road. Does anyone know of a set of QUIET tires that would be about as large? I know they will not have the aggressive look, but right now, I think I'm ready for some peace and quiet. I would appreciate any advice you guys can give me. Thanks.

sorry to go off topic but how do u like the lift?