LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Quiet Tires

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-02-2014, 06:32 PM   #1
PCHearn has a spectacular aura aboutPCHearn has a spectacular aura aboutPCHearn has a spectacular aura about

Air Force: During Viet Nam
Name: Patrick
PCHearn's Tacoma Gallery
Quiet Tires

Hi. I have a 3” Procomp lift, 17x9 RBP 93R wheels with a 4.5” backspace, and 305/65/17 Procomp Xtreme AT tires. I absolutely love the setup, but the tires are just too noisy. I can't carry on a conversation inside the truck while I'm driving down the road. Does anyone know of a set of QUIET tires that would be about as large? I know they will not have the aggressive look, but right now, I think I'm ready for some peace and quiet. I would appreciate any advice you guys can give me. Thanks.

Old 02-02-2014, 09:54 PM   #3
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert Paulson
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Silent armor?
Old 02-02-2014, 10:42 PM   #8
MGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MGMTacolover55's Tacoma Gallery
I can only say if you want quiet tires font buy any A/T tire at all.
Old 02-02-2014, 11:22 PM   #9
TexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
TexasPreRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Cooper a/t are the quietest iv driven with, I will never buy another bfg.
Old 02-02-2014, 11:25 PM   #10
F*ck you Brent
YotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jessie
YotaOverAll's Tacoma Gallery
A/T's are noisy? my Toyo MT/s are too quiet for me lol
Old 02-02-2014, 11:25 PM   #11
Airframes Chief is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirframes Chief is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirframes Chief is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirframes Chief is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirframes Chief is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirframes Chief is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirframes Chief is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirframes Chief is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirframes Chief is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirframes Chief is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirframes Chief is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Maintenance Chief P-3 Navy
Name: Kekoa
Airframes Chief's Tacoma Gallery
For the aggressive look and quiet ride together, go purchase a set of Toyo M/T. I just put a set of 33x12.50x18 on a 18x10 rim with 7" of lift and I swear that there is NO noise coming off of these tires. All non believers should come take a ride in my truck. Good luck and Aloha!
Old 02-03-2014, 12:28 AM   #12
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
Hankook Dynapro ATM was an excellent all terrain tire that was nicely quiet.
I now have Cooper made Destiny Dakota ATs and they are quiet.
I have also had Cooper Discoverer ATRs and Toyo Open Country ATs, both good quiet tires.
The NOISY tires I had were Cooper Discoverer STTs !!!
Old 02-03-2014, 01:03 AM   #13
RogerRZ will become famous soon enough
Firefighter: Deputy Chief
RogerRZ's Tacoma Gallery
LTX MS/2. My Winter LTX have that same tread pattern, and they're quieter than the stock Dunflops.
Old 02-03-2014, 11:47 AM   #16
TexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
TexasPreRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by YotaOverAll View Post
A/T's are noisy? my Toyo MT/s are too quiet for me lol
Your just a redneck
Old 02-03-2014, 11:57 AM   #18
Tacoma Off Course is on a distinguished road

Name: Austin
Tacoma Off Course's Tacoma Gallery
My Falken Rocky Mountain ATS Tires are quiet good luck!
Old 02-03-2014, 12:05 PM   #19
TacoRob08 is a jewel in the roughTacoRob08 is a jewel in the roughTacoRob08 is a jewel in the roughTacoRob08 is a jewel in the rough

Name: Rob
TacoRob08's Tacoma Gallery
Michelin MS2, fantastically quiet 285/70/17
Dick Cepek Trail Country 285/70/17
Super Swamper Vortrac 285/70/17

Not as many options with 305/65/17
Old 02-03-2014, 12:55 PM   #20
Bcsssd is on a distinguished road
Name: Paul
Bcsssd's Tacoma Gallery
Loud tire problem

General Grabber AT2. Aggressive tread and very quiet. Not real expensive either.

Products Discussed in this Thread