1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Cooper Discoverer ATR ( Any Experience with these )

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by JayB27, Feb 11, 2014.

1. Feb 11, 2014 at 10:24 AM
    JayB27

JayB27 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Orange County, CA.
    Vehicle:
    10' White DCSB Pre Runnner
    Debadged, Plasti-Dip Wheels, Color Matched Satoshi grille, Ebay Seat Covers =P, Painted Black and white Radio surround, Blue Interior Dome light, White Maps lights, Fishing Rod Holder. All done by me.
    I bought my truck used 2 years ago with some stock Cooper Discoverer ATR tires. I didn't like the tires from the start, but they were brand new and I didn't see wasting money on new tires to replace new tires.

I feel like any time they touch water my trucks ass end gets squirly... Not even at high speeds at normal driving speeds. My trac sensors beeps a few times and then my track catches and goes straight. To me its the shitty tires, But is it possible its something else as well.

For example, I was just making a left turn and there was a tiny puddle of water...Mayybbee enough to wet 1/4 of the tires.. I accelerated and slighty more then a regular turn and my almost ended up sideways.. The tires have A LOT of tread still..

Felt like ranting. Lol Next year I will be replacing them with my new lift but I'm kinda stuck with them for another whole year till then.

Just curious if anyone else has any kind of experience with these tires...

2. Feb 11, 2014 at 9:12 PM
    dxpsman

dxpsman Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    Oceanside, CA
    Vehicle:
    14 TRD Sport PreRunner
    AFE MACH Force-Xp 3" Cat-Back Stainless Steel Exhaust System w/Black Tips, Complete OME 3" lift, debadged, Body Armor 4x4 side steps.
    It's been a while since I've sold a set of these. With that said, I'm a huge fan of Cooper products. The ATR is an older model - an attempt at a hybrid HT/AT tread design. This is not my favorite tire.

Keeping that in mind, I've never had a traction complaint with this model... I'm curious what the tread depths are on the tires. After hearing what you have to say, I'd be on the horn with Cooper getting you some credit to help you into a set of tires you'd feel better in.

3. Feb 11, 2014 at 11:30 PM
    JayB27

JayB27 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Orange County, CA.
    Vehicle:
    10' White DCSB Pre Runnner
    Debadged, Plasti-Dip Wheels, Color Matched Satoshi grille, Ebay Seat Covers =P, Painted Black and white Radio surround, Blue Interior Dome light, White Maps lights, Fishing Rod Holder. All done by me.
    Yeah when I first got my truck I did some research and didnt really find an issue with people and the tire so I figured I was being heavy footed. But after two years of driving it. I know its more then that.. tread is about hakf life fronts and rear little less. Im rotating them for the last time this weekend. Then probably into a dif tire..

Products Discussed in

To Top