1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Toyo Open Country AT II questions

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by HeathCole, Feb 11, 2014.

1. Feb 11, 2014 at 3:09 PM
    HeathCole

HeathCole [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Heath
    San Marcos, CA
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma 4x4 double cab
    I am new to this sight and am almost in the market for new tires. I have a leveling kit and the Bilstein 5100 in the front and stock bilstein's in the rear. I plan on buying LT185/70/17 Toyo Open Country AT II's. My first question is "do they only carry the E-rated tire in the LT's? My concern is that an E-rated tire will be too stiff? If not, do I have lighter ply or strength rating tire of the same tread pattern?

Any help or suggestions would be very helpful:)

Heath

DSCN8253.jpg

2. Feb 11, 2014 at 7:15 PM
    Twiostaco

Twiostaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Austin
    Utah
    Vehicle:
    08 White DC TRD Sport
    5100's front set to .85 w/eibach springs, 5100 rear w/toytec 2"AAL, Light Race UCA, 17" Black Rhino Ocotillo wheels, 265/70/17 KO2's, K&N drop in filter, Grill Craft front mesh, one piece driveshaft (vibes gone) rear diff breather mod, BHLM, Fog anytime, 886 reverse bulbs.
    You can get them in a p rated tire for that size. They weigh less however they don't have as much tread depth and therefore do not look as aggressive but come with 65,000 mile warranty where the lt comes with 55,000

3. Feb 11, 2014 at 7:21 PM
    Executive

Executive Conservative

Member:
    Peabody, Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCLB TRD Sport
    I put the P rated AT2's on my DCLB about three weeks ago. They are quiet on the highway, have very good tread depth, look aggressive enough without looking like I'm headed out to the swamp and as Twiostaco states, have a 65,000 mile warranty.

FYI, I went with 265/70/17 and have noticed a slight reduction in mileage. I would definitely buy these tires again, though.

Chris

4. Feb 11, 2014 at 8:53 PM
    dxpsman

dxpsman Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    Oceanside, CA
    Vehicle:
    14 TRD Sport PreRunner
    AFE MACH Force-Xp 3" Cat-Back Stainless Steel Exhaust System w/Black Tips, Complete OME 3" lift, debadged, Body Armor 4x4 side steps.
    Howdy neighbor! And welcome!

Toyo does make this tire in both P-metric and LT variants. If you're concerned about ride quality and longevity, run the P-metric. These will also be slightly more beneficial in regards to fuel economy, as they weigh considerably less.

5. Feb 15, 2014 at 4:28 AM
    thewallane

thewallane Active Member

Member:
    murfreesboro, tn
    Vehicle:
    2011 off-road grey
    op just wanted to possibly point something out that may affect your decision. if you're thinking about the exact tires in your picture, i believe those are the "extreme" version of the open country a/t II. if those are indeed the ones you want, i am almost certain that they are only available in LT variant. the extreme looks different enough to me that i thought it was definitely what i wanted, but they only come in a few sizes, the smallest of which is 285 i believe. saw the extreme on a friends f150 and was bummed when i found out they don't make that particular version in the 265. just a thought. let us know what you decide cause i'm contemplating some of your stuff as well.

6. Feb 15, 2014 at 4:31 AM
    thewallane

thewallane Active Member

Member:
    murfreesboro, tn
    Vehicle:
    2011 off-road grey
    also, you can get the LT in c load range per toyo's site and treaddepot.com. might be a happy medium for you.

Products Discussed in

To Top