Notices

Toyo Open Country AT II questions

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-11-2014, 04:09 PM   #1
HeathCole is on a distinguished road
Name: Heath
HeathCole's Tacoma Gallery
Toyo Open Country AT II questions

I am new to this sight and am almost in the market for new tires. I have a leveling kit and the Bilstein 5100 in the front and stock bilstein's in the rear. I plan on buying LT185/70/17 Toyo Open Country AT II's. My first question is "do they only carry the E-rated tire in the LT's? My concern is that an E-rated tire will be too stiff? If not, do I have lighter ply or strength rating tire of the same tread pattern?

Any help or suggestions would be very helpful

Heath
Attached Thumbnails
Toyo Open Country AT II questions-dscn8253.jpg  
Old 02-11-2014, 08:15 PM   #2
Twiostaco has a brilliant futureTwiostaco has a brilliant futureTwiostaco has a brilliant futureTwiostaco has a brilliant futureTwiostaco has a brilliant futureTwiostaco has a brilliant futureTwiostaco has a brilliant futureTwiostaco has a brilliant futureTwiostaco has a brilliant futureTwiostaco has a brilliant futureTwiostaco has a brilliant future

Name: Austin
Twiostaco's Tacoma Gallery
You can get them in a p rated tire for that size. They weigh less however they don't have as much tread depth and therefore do not look as aggressive but come with 65,000 mile warranty where the lt comes with 55,000
Old 02-11-2014, 08:21 PM   #3
Conservative
Executive is one of the sharper tools in the shedExecutive is one of the sharper tools in the shedExecutive is one of the sharper tools in the shedExecutive is one of the sharper tools in the shedExecutive is one of the sharper tools in the shedExecutive is one of the sharper tools in the shedExecutive is one of the sharper tools in the shedExecutive is one of the sharper tools in the shedExecutive is one of the sharper tools in the shedExecutive is one of the sharper tools in the shedExecutive is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Executive's Tacoma Gallery
I put the P rated AT2's on my DCLB about three weeks ago. They are quiet on the highway, have very good tread depth, look aggressive enough without looking like I'm headed out to the swamp and as Twiostaco states, have a 65,000 mile warranty.

FYI, I went with 265/70/17 and have noticed a slight reduction in mileage. I would definitely buy these tires again, though.

Chris
Old 02-11-2014, 09:53 PM   #4
dxpsman is one of the sharper tools in the sheddxpsman is one of the sharper tools in the sheddxpsman is one of the sharper tools in the sheddxpsman is one of the sharper tools in the sheddxpsman is one of the sharper tools in the sheddxpsman is one of the sharper tools in the sheddxpsman is one of the sharper tools in the sheddxpsman is one of the sharper tools in the sheddxpsman is one of the sharper tools in the sheddxpsman is one of the sharper tools in the sheddxpsman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 0321
Name: Brandon
dxpsman's Tacoma Gallery
Howdy neighbor! And welcome!

Toyo does make this tire in both P-metric and LT variants. If you're concerned about ride quality and longevity, run the P-metric. These will also be slightly more beneficial in regards to fuel economy, as they weigh considerably less.
Old 02-15-2014, 05:28 AM   #5
thewallane is on a distinguished road

thewallane's Tacoma Gallery
op just wanted to possibly point something out that may affect your decision. if you're thinking about the exact tires in your picture, i believe those are the "extreme" version of the open country a/t II. if those are indeed the ones you want, i am almost certain that they are only available in LT variant. the extreme looks different enough to me that i thought it was definitely what i wanted, but they only come in a few sizes, the smallest of which is 285 i believe. saw the extreme on a friends f150 and was bummed when i found out they don't make that particular version in the 265. just a thought. let us know what you decide cause i'm contemplating some of your stuff as well.
Old 02-15-2014, 05:31 AM   #6
thewallane is on a distinguished road

thewallane's Tacoma Gallery
also, you can get the LT in c load range per toyo's site and treaddepot.com. might be a happy medium for you.