Notices

Wheel spacers with factory wheels

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-12-2014, 02:02 PM   #1
Pittyboo is on a distinguished road
Pittyboo's Tacoma Gallery
Wheel spacers with factory wheels

Hey all,

I'm new to this site, and I just got a 2014 tacoma. I like the look of a "wider" look at the wheels. Would spacers do the trick on factory wheels? What are your suggestions?

Thanks in advance!
Old 02-12-2014, 02:19 PM   #2
Walker T has a brilliant futureWalker T has a brilliant futureWalker T has a brilliant futureWalker T has a brilliant futureWalker T has a brilliant futureWalker T has a brilliant futureWalker T has a brilliant futureWalker T has a brilliant futureWalker T has a brilliant futureWalker T has a brilliant futureWalker T has a brilliant future

Army: Squad Leader, Charlie Company, 4/16th Regiment, 1st Infantry Division. Oh-so-many years ago...
Walker T's Tacoma Gallery
Yes, spacers work great for spreading out your truck's stance. The only downside is that you MUST use extended thread lug-nuts to attach the spacer to your hub...don't use the ones that are supplied with the spacer unless they are indeed extended thread lug nuts. I got my extended thread lug nuts from Gorilla Automotive.

You can then use the lug nuts that came with your truck to attach your wheels to the spacer.

Hope that helps
Old 02-12-2014, 07:20 PM   #3
Thanks for the help, do you have a link for pictures of tacomas with different spacers width? Not sure yet between 1" to 2"...
Old 02-12-2014, 08:46 PM   #4
Overland Kid Hauler
Qumodo is on a distinguished road

Air Force:
Name: Evan
Qumodo's Tacoma Gallery
subd
Old 02-12-2014, 10:22 PM   #5
Knows a little about a lot
LuckyCharms is one of the sharper tools in the shedLuckyCharms is one of the sharper tools in the shedLuckyCharms is one of the sharper tools in the shedLuckyCharms is one of the sharper tools in the shedLuckyCharms is one of the sharper tools in the shedLuckyCharms is one of the sharper tools in the shedLuckyCharms is one of the sharper tools in the shedLuckyCharms is one of the sharper tools in the shedLuckyCharms is one of the sharper tools in the shedLuckyCharms is one of the sharper tools in the shedLuckyCharms is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
LuckyCharms's Tacoma Gallery
I have had the spidertrax on the front of my truck for the last year and they have been awesome. I beat on them offroading and I tow a 5500 pound trailer. I only bought them because I did a lift and 285's and they are needed to clear the UCA with stock wheels. I just got my new rims today so I don't need them and will be selling them on the cheap... PM me if you want them

http://toyteclifts.3dcartstores.com/...ic_p_1096.html

Edit: The lug nuts are fine for this style of spacer. no need for extensions. The type that needs extended lugs or lug nuts are all bad. Don't get those.

Only pic I really have
Old 02-12-2014, 10:36 PM   #6
Riverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Collin
Riverdog's Tacoma Gallery
I have 1.5" ones on my truck with the stock wheels. I bought them as part of a group buy on here. I'll take a couple pictures tomorrow when there's daylight so you can see how far the tires stick out.
Old 02-12-2014, 10:44 PM   #7
Riverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

One more thing. There are spacers and adapters. These are two different things. But it seems most everyone calls both of them spacers. If you go with spacers, you'll need to put longer lugs on your hub like Walker T mentioned. If you go with wheel adapters, you can (most likely) use the lugs that are already there.

This is a wheel spacer:

This is a wheel adapter:
Old 02-12-2014, 11:10 PM   #8
Knows a little about a lot
LuckyCharms is one of the sharper tools in the shedLuckyCharms is one of the sharper tools in the shedLuckyCharms is one of the sharper tools in the shedLuckyCharms is one of the sharper tools in the shedLuckyCharms is one of the sharper tools in the shedLuckyCharms is one of the sharper tools in the shedLuckyCharms is one of the sharper tools in the shedLuckyCharms is one of the sharper tools in the shedLuckyCharms is one of the sharper tools in the shedLuckyCharms is one of the sharper tools in the shedLuckyCharms is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
LuckyCharms's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverdog View Post
One more thing. There are spacers and adapters. These are two different things. But it seems most everyone calls both of them spacers. If you go with spacers, you'll need to put longer lugs on your hub like Walker T mentioned. If you go with wheel adapters, you can (most likely) use the lugs that are already there.
I was under the impression that they are only adapters if they change the lug pattern/size. While thicker spacers use the same style: spacer bolted to hub and wheel bolted to spacer.
Old 02-12-2014, 11:46 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyCharms View Post
I was under the impression that they are only adapters if they change the lug pattern/size. While thicker spacers use the same style: spacer bolted to hub and wheel bolted to spacer.
Huh, maybe you're right. Now I'm questioning what I thought was correct...
Old 02-13-2014, 03:01 PM   #11
I was looking on eBay and came across these, any thoughts?

http://bit.ly/1hh0q0m

Fast Wheel Accessories
6x5.5 or 6.139.7
2" thick
Old 02-13-2014, 03:15 PM   #12

Here are a few pictures of my truck with 1.5 inch spacers to show you how much the tires stick out. Stock suspension, stock wheels, Goodyear Duratracs (265/75/16).

Front

Rear
Old 02-14-2014, 06:44 AM   #13
Walker T has a brilliant futureWalker T has a brilliant futureWalker T has a brilliant futureWalker T has a brilliant futureWalker T has a brilliant futureWalker T has a brilliant futureWalker T has a brilliant futureWalker T has a brilliant futureWalker T has a brilliant futureWalker T has a brilliant futureWalker T has a brilliant future

Army: Squad Leader, Charlie Company, 4/16th Regiment, 1st Infantry Division. Oh-so-many years ago...
Walker T's Tacoma Gallery
I went with 1-1/2" spacers and they look great. I would strongly recommend the extended thread lug nuts IF your spacer has any distance between the hub face, and the recessed well. The wheel studs on a Tacoma are very short...and any spacer that takes away thread space will need an extended thread lug nut.

When I put my spacers on initially I could only get three to four turns on a lug nut. Very scary to have your wheels held on by a few threads. But that may just be the brand of spacer I purchased. So check yours out to see if the lug nut well ends up flush with your hub, or elevated from it. If there is space...get extended thread lugs.

If you need extended thread lugs, call gorilla at 323-585-2852. You want item number 68037, it's a 4-pack of lugs so you need 6 packs of #68037.