Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

285 AIR PRESSURE

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-15-2014, 08:44 AM   #1
Fire Taco Fighter has a spectacular aura aboutFire Taco Fighter has a spectacular aura about
Firefighter:
Fire Taco Fighter's Tacoma Gallery
285 AIR PRESSURE

For those of you who run 285's on their truck what air pressure do you have.
My tire says 65 max.i had 60.....Toyota told me to run 35. I think that's under-inflated.
What do you guys do?

Otto
Old 02-15-2014, 09:01 AM   #2
vssman will become famous soon enoughvssman will become famous soon enough
vssman's Tacoma Gallery
I'd bet 35 is closer to the right reading. 65 is way too much. That's the max psi if you're running the max load on the tire. Take some chalk and put lines across the tread around the tires. Run the truck around the block. Stop and look, let air out a few psi at a time until the chalk is evenly removed.
Old 02-15-2014, 09:02 AM   #3
Fivespeed is on a distinguished road
Navy: EN2
Fivespeed's Tacoma Gallery
I run 50 psi. Little stiff but noticeable gas mileage improvement
Old 02-15-2014, 09:12 AM   #4
HARD CAAAAAAARRRRRRRL
Papa Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jared
Papa Taco's Tacoma Gallery
on the street I run about 40psi
Old 02-15-2014, 09:19 AM   #5
The dog did it...I swear!
OffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Location: High Desert... land of junipers, sage brush, and lava rock
OffroadToy's Tacoma Gallery
I run 35 psi on load range e tires with no load in the bed (tires have a max load psi of around 80 psi.) If your running yours at 60 psi they're going to wear in the middle (over inflated.)
Old 02-15-2014, 10:17 AM   #6
Fire Taco Fighter has a spectacular aura aboutFire Taco Fighter has a spectacular aura about
Firefighter:
Fire Taco Fighter's Tacoma Gallery
Ok great thanks guys..I'm gonna do the chalk thing.......Rt now I am running 44.
Old 02-23-2014, 01:37 PM   #7
Tight and Right
BluntTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluntTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluntTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluntTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluntTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluntTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluntTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluntTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluntTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluntTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluntTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: AACOFD
Name: Randy
BluntTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I was running 35 psi, then went to 40 psi, now at 48 psi. Looking for some MPG gains but haven't really seen a difference. When I went to the 285's I saw a drop of 6 mpg! It has also been in the 20's since with winter blends so I'm hoping that will improve. I also have not taken into account the fact that my Odometer is going to be slightly off, gonna try and get a GPS reading of mileage with the next tank.