Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

BF Goodrich Rugged Trails

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-15-2014, 11:50 AM   #1
Re-Member
Vanguard has a brilliant futureVanguard has a brilliant futureVanguard has a brilliant futureVanguard has a brilliant futureVanguard has a brilliant futureVanguard has a brilliant futureVanguard has a brilliant futureVanguard has a brilliant futureVanguard has a brilliant futureVanguard has a brilliant futureVanguard has a brilliant future

Name: Brooks
Vanguard's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Vanguard Send a message via Yahoo to Vanguard
BF Goodrich Rugged Trails

Hey guys I wanted some feedback why it seems that everyone doesn't like the Rugged Trails. I've seen a lot of negative feedback as far as preferance but no actual reasoning behind it. Does it perform poorly on the road or off road? Does it wear extremely quickly?

Reason being is I just picked up a super cheap set used on CL They're 265/75/16 so I figured I'd get my bilstiens installed and have a cheap set of tires to go with it for the time being. Either way I knew I was only goin to use them short term, but just wanted to hear other people experiences with them.

Thanks!
Old 02-15-2014, 12:03 PM   #4
MGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MGMTacolover55's Tacoma Gallery
They are crappy tires for anything but going to get milk at the store.
Old 02-15-2014, 12:39 PM   #5
Re-Member
Vanguard has a brilliant futureVanguard has a brilliant futureVanguard has a brilliant futureVanguard has a brilliant futureVanguard has a brilliant futureVanguard has a brilliant futureVanguard has a brilliant futureVanguard has a brilliant futureVanguard has a brilliant futureVanguard has a brilliant futureVanguard has a brilliant future

Name: Brooks
Vanguard's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Vanguard Send a message via Yahoo to Vanguard
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBilly View Post
WOW...that's crazy! how did that happen? Just from normal driving?
Old 02-15-2014, 01:30 PM   #6
Sig45 is just really niceSig45 is just really niceSig45 is just really niceSig45 is just really niceSig45 is just really nice

Sig45's Tacoma Gallery
Within 2 weeks of purchasing my 2011 DCSB TRD OR I had 2 flats with the stock Rugged Fails.....both from small rocks that punctured the tread....simply from a friend's gravel driveway. Plugged the first. Replaced all 5 after the second.
Old 02-15-2014, 01:36 PM   #7
BostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard:
BostonBilly's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
WOW...that's crazy! how did that happen? Just from normal driving?
Yup I was headed to work one morning
Old 02-17-2014, 06:51 PM   #8
Toyota4x46921 is on a distinguished road
Name: Michael
Toyota4x46921's Tacoma Gallery
Mine just rode like shit in the rain...but I thought bfg all terrains sucked too....everyone has their own opinion I guess