1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Tire/Wheel questions and opinions

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by cwhit23, Feb 16, 2014.

1. Feb 16, 2014 at 5:44 PM
    cwhit23

cwhit23 [OP] Member

Member:
    TN
    Soo.. I've been lurking here for awhile and haven't really posted. I have read a lot in this section and thinking I'm ready to bite off getting a tire and wheel set up.. I have a couple questions and wanting verification.

I have a 2014 SR5 4X4 extended cab. stock 16 steelies on it now with pizza cutter tires. I do mostly interstate driving and around town driving.

The set up I am looking at is either the Raceline Raptors or Renegades in 16X8 4.5 backspace and 0 offset. I'm looking at BFG AT 265/75/16 Tires.

I am stock height/suspension. From what I've read on this site, this set up should work, tires and wheels should stick out 1-2 more than stock and I should clear everything.

Is this correct? no rubbing issues, no caliper clearance issues? Also, I just want to get some opinions, will this look stupid or weird on a stock suspension truck. I just can't do a lift right now, I do too much driving.

Thanks!

2. Feb 17, 2014 at 9:48 PM
    SCSPerformance

SCSPerformance Stealth Custom Series™ Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Vin
    Bay Area, CA
    Vehicle:
    2005 Tacoma
    Camburg LT kit DMZ SUA kit SCS wheels Destroyer Gray
    I can't commend on the caliper clearance issue, but yes, that setup should work with very minimal trimming. It will definitely look better than stock!

3. Feb 18, 2014 at 5:56 PM
    cwhit23

cwhit23 [OP] Member

Member:
    TN
    thanks for the answer! where else would possibly need trimming?

hopefully someone will chime in on the calipers, I'd rather find another wheel than have to grind down a caliper on a new truck. Lol

4. Feb 19, 2014 at 10:34 AM
    Fahrenheit

Fahrenheit Well-Hung Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Garth
    NS
    Vehicle:
    06 DCSB TRD OR
    I don't know about calipers, (although MANY threads have questions regarding caliper clearance and from what I got, there's no difference), but I run a 265/70/17, which is slightly taller then the factory tires (TRD Sport) and is the same height as the tires you're asking about, I am not even close to rubbing, anywhere.
    A LOT of TW members run 16" wheels, where I got the idea for my TRD wheels with 255/85/16. Give it a look, it's a huge thread ( http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/wheels-tires/155849-255-85-r16-owners-experience.html ), the caliper question has been asked a few times in that one thread alone.

EDIT: Oddly enough, here's a thread that (as of right this second) is just below yours!

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/wheels-tires/316164-fj-trd-wheels-265-75r16-stock-suspension.html

Last edited: Feb 19, 2014

Products Discussed in

To Top