Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Tire/Wheel questions and opinions

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-16-2014, 05:44 PM   #1
cwhit23 is on a distinguished road
cwhit23's Tacoma Gallery
Tire/Wheel questions and opinions

Soo.. I've been lurking here for awhile and haven't really posted. I have read a lot in this section and thinking I'm ready to bite off getting a tire and wheel set up.. I have a couple questions and wanting verification.

I have a 2014 SR5 4X4 extended cab. stock 16 steelies on it now with pizza cutter tires. I do mostly interstate driving and around town driving.

The set up I am looking at is either the Raceline Raptors or Renegades in 16X8 4.5 backspace and 0 offset. I'm looking at BFG AT 265/75/16 Tires.

I am stock height/suspension. From what I've read on this site, this set up should work, tires and wheels should stick out 1-2 more than stock and I should clear everything.

Is this correct? no rubbing issues, no caliper clearance issues? Also, I just want to get some opinions, will this look stupid or weird on a stock suspension truck. I just can't do a lift right now, I do too much driving.

Thanks!
Old 02-17-2014, 09:48 PM   #2
Stealth Custom Series™
SCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Vin
SCSPerformance's Tacoma Gallery
I can't commend on the caliper clearance issue, but yes, that setup should work with very minimal trimming. It will definitely look better than stock!
Old 02-18-2014, 05:56 PM   #3
cwhit23 is on a distinguished road
cwhit23's Tacoma Gallery
thanks for the answer! where else would possibly need trimming?

hopefully someone will chime in on the calipers, I'd rather find another wheel than have to grind down a caliper on a new truck. Lol
Old 02-19-2014, 10:34 AM   #4
Rubberhead
Fahrenheit is one of the sharper tools in the shedFahrenheit is one of the sharper tools in the shedFahrenheit is one of the sharper tools in the shedFahrenheit is one of the sharper tools in the shedFahrenheit is one of the sharper tools in the shedFahrenheit is one of the sharper tools in the shedFahrenheit is one of the sharper tools in the shedFahrenheit is one of the sharper tools in the shedFahrenheit is one of the sharper tools in the shedFahrenheit is one of the sharper tools in the shedFahrenheit is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Fahrenheit's Tacoma Gallery
I don't know about calipers, (although MANY threads have questions regarding caliper clearance and from what I got, there's no difference), but I run a 265/70/17, which is slightly taller then the factory tires (TRD Sport) and is the same height as the tires you're asking about, I am not even close to rubbing, anywhere.
A LOT of TW members run 16" wheels, where I got the idea for my TRD wheels with 255/85/16. Give it a look, it's a huge thread ( http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/whe...xperience.html ), the caliper question has been asked a few times in that one thread alone.

EDIT: Oddly enough, here's a thread that (as of right this second) is just below yours!

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/whe...uspension.html