1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Is Bigger always Better ?

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by taco 2011, Mar 5, 2014.

1. Mar 5, 2014 at 7:05 PM
    taco 2011

taco 2011 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2011 Toyota Tacoma TRD SR5
    Westin Bull guard,predator nerf bars, Window Tint Legal limit, Weather tech Floor mats, Weather tech smoke visors, Wet Okole seat covers, OEM Roof Racks, Reverse Camera, Pace Edwards Full Metal Jack Rabbit Cover,Dyno power locking tailgate Trd alloy wheels, Dunlop at tires JL Stealthbox, JL custom fit molding kit, Directed Audio 500 watt amp, LCI adaptor. More mods to come.
    So my stock tires are on their last leg and i am wondering if i should get bigger tires or keep the same size. I currently have the 245/75 and i was wondering if it would be beneficial in anyway to go to a 265/70. If i am not mistaken that will be the same height just wider correct ? I don't do much off-roading but i generally like the stance of wider tires. Any feedback would be beneficial.
    Thanks again.

2. Mar 5, 2014 at 7:13 PM
    ToolFan66

ToolFan66 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Littleton CO
    Vehicle:
    14 TRD Off Road DCSB 4x4
    According to her the answer is yes!! :D

3. Mar 5, 2014 at 7:16 PM
    Pugga

Pugga Pasti-Dip Free 1983 - 2015... It was a good run

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '19 Ford F-250 6.7 SCrew
    F-250 Land Yacht Mod
    Aside from looks, I can't think of any real benefit from going with the wider tire other than your speedo will finally read correct. If you have 245/75R16, they are the same overall height as 265/70R16. You get some benefit to going with something like 265/75R16 in the sense of ground clearance but not much (also, with the taller tire, your speedo will finally read correct but your odo will be off a bit).

4. Mar 5, 2014 at 7:55 PM
    taco 2011

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Alabama
    Vehicle:
    Westin Bull guard,predator nerf bars, Window Tint Legal limit, Weather tech Floor mats, Weather tech smoke visors, Wet Okole seat covers, OEM Roof Racks, Reverse Camera, Pace Edwards Full Metal Jack Rabbit Cover,Dyno power locking tailgate Trd alloy wheels, Dunlop at tires JL Stealthbox, JL custom fit molding kit, Directed Audio 500 watt amp, LCI adaptor. More mods to come.
    Lol i figured someone was going to say it . Congrats on being the first one to say it.

5. Mar 5, 2014 at 7:56 PM
    taco 2011

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Alabama
    Vehicle:
    Just wondering how will the odo be off ? Thanks for the input.

6. Mar 6, 2014 at 7:38 PM
    Dragons Taco

Dragons Taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Derek
    Cary/Raleigh NC
    Vehicle:
    06 Black TRD-S 4WD 4D 6SPD and MINE!
    Can ya spell Tonneau
    http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/tirecalc.php

Plug in your sizes in this calculator. It's one of the better ones on the web, and will answer all your questions. That is except how to get 37's to fit :)

7. Mar 8, 2014 at 6:49 AM
    taco 2011

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Alabama
    Vehicle:
    Thanks for the reply!

Products Discussed in

To Top