Nitto Terra Grapplers 35 25.55%
Toyo Open Country Mud Terrain 24 17.52%
Dick Cepek Mud Country 2 1.46%
Other-Please Specify 22 16.06%
Voters: 137. You may not vote on this poll

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-29-2009, 06:51 PM   #1
6 Double 5 3 2 1
thebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ken....
thebigk's Tacoma Gallery
Tire Decision......hmmmmm

OK
Decided on a lift:
Billy 5100's & AAL

NOW Can't decide on a tire.

I'm going 265/75R16 on Mickey Thompson Classic Locks

This should be around 32" depending on tire. So which tire would you guys pick? I like aggressive tread.....used to have BFG MT but I hate the new tread design & the old one has been phased out.

Look forward to the results of this one.
Old 03-29-2009, 06:56 PM   #3
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
i picked the terra grapplers..........a good a/t tire, but not as heavy as the bfg's........and it'll wear better than a mud terrain/wont be as heavy so your mileage wont suffer........good for all kinds of driving scenarios.
Old 03-29-2009, 06:58 PM   #4
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
I know most guys run with the TG's from Nitto, but I really like my DG's from Nitto as well!
Old 03-29-2009, 07:01 PM   #5
Panda Jerk
THXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
BFG mud terrains dont last too long and their kind of ugly

i say go BFG All Terrains
Old 03-29-2009, 07:28 PM   #6
6 Double 5 3 2 1
thebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ken....
thebigk's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverback07 View Post
what do you wan to use them for? Any wheeling? I'd go BFG AT for a good all around tire that will last.
80% Street, 20% offroad (sand/mud) 100% looks
Old 03-30-2009, 08:15 PM   #7
TX
TEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
TEX357's Tacoma Gallery
Nittos!
Old 03-30-2009, 08:17 PM   #8
South Carolina Member
tjgraner09 has a brilliant futuretjgraner09 has a brilliant futuretjgraner09 has a brilliant futuretjgraner09 has a brilliant futuretjgraner09 has a brilliant futuretjgraner09 has a brilliant futuretjgraner09 has a brilliant futuretjgraner09 has a brilliant futuretjgraner09 has a brilliant futuretjgraner09 has a brilliant futuretjgraner09 has a brilliant future

Name: TJ
tjgraner09's Tacoma Gallery
get some mickey thompsons
Old 03-30-2009, 08:41 PM   #9
Formarly 08TRD4X4RadientRed
Dockhead has a spectacular aura aboutDockhead has a spectacular aura about

Dockhead's Tacoma Gallery
I like my bfg's, but it's the only tire I've had
Old 03-30-2009, 11:58 PM   #10
nvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nvdeserted's Tacoma Gallery
I've always run BFG muds, but I'm with you on not liking the new version. Regardless, I only have experience with BFGs and I have nothing bad to say about them: Ive dragged the sidewalls all over sharp stuff and thousands of desert miles with nothing more than the occasional nail in the tread. Great tires. Go with the BFG All terrains unless you need a mud tire. I know lots of dudes that wheel with the A/Ts and they are bullet proof from what I've seen, you can always trust them. decent mileagea and good road manners too.

I'm sure the others are good tires too, but I never see them on the trail so I cant attest to their greatness.

Oh, I am currently running the stock rugged trails (they won't die!) but the tread on them is super weak/they suck... haven't popped one yet though...
Old 03-31-2009, 12:09 AM   #11
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
Bfg!
Old 03-31-2009, 02:57 AM   #12
stanman9 will become famous soon enough
stanman9's Tacoma Gallery
Personally I like the terra grapplers. I've also had bfg's and no complaints there. I think you will probably wish you'd gone with 285's, i did!
Old 03-31-2009, 05:36 AM   #14
Burns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Burns's Tacoma Gallery
I am planing on getting Firestone Destination AT's in a few months. A couple of guys/gals on here are running them and they get good reviews on the web as well.
Old 03-31-2009, 07:54 AM   #15
Ktaco will become famous soon enoughKtaco will become famous soon enough

Ktaco's Tacoma Gallery
I like my Toyo A/T over B/F A/T. I hear the Toyo M/T are a real good tire if you want a meaner look.
Old 03-31-2009, 08:03 AM   #16
cajuntaco is on a distinguished road

cajuntaco's Tacoma Gallery
I am looking at either the Micky T MTZ's or Cooper STT's, or the Super Swamper Traxus even though I have heard bad things about them I think I might give them a chance. Here is where I do my tire comparisons http://offroaders.com/ , they have reviews for mud tire a/t's and ATV tires.
Old 03-31-2009, 09:30 AM   #17
sbeau1960 is a name known to allsbeau1960 is a name known to allsbeau1960 is a name known to allsbeau1960 is a name known to allsbeau1960 is a name known to allsbeau1960 is a name known to all

Name: Scott
sbeau1960's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to sbeau1960
Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revos!
Old 03-31-2009, 01:07 PM   #18
David Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David Tarantino's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbeau1960 View Post
Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revos!
thats the way to go A/T REVOS no other tire needs to be on your truck
Old 03-31-2009, 09:20 PM   #20
Redneck from the hills
cbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
cbcs1987's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Tarantino View Post
thats the way to go A/T REVOS no other tire needs to be on your truck
For all terrains I agree. Dads had the BFG AT and The Bridgestones on his tundra and he said he'll never put the bfg's back on to replace the bridgestones. Of course, thats just his opinion and the tire fits the driving habits and enviroments he has.